Sales Development Representative Intern, Singapore
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Join one of the fastest growing publicly-traded spacetech companies in the world that is also a public benefit corporation. Planet Labs PBC (NYSE: PL) is on a mission to use space to improve life on Earth. We are disrupting major industries, including sustainability, energy and finance and insurance leveraging cutting-edge space technology, AI and social impact.
We are looking for talented and driven individuals to join our team and gain valuable experience in the field of sales development and geospatial analytics. This internship is ideal for students who are interested in pursuing a career in sales development, sales engineering, or channel sales with a passion for helping life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in the world. Working closely with our cloud-based partners (Microsoft, AWS), Planet delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform and partner ecosystem to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors.
Impact You’ll Own:
As a Sales Development Intern, some specific tasks that you may be involved include:
- Conduct market research to find trends and sales opportunities within APAC
- Identifying stakeholders for targeted accounts in the APAC market
- Support social selling outreach efforts with regional sales team
- Collaborate with the APAC Sales Development team to develop and execute strategies for generating new business leads
- Analyze data and provide insights to help optimize our sales and marketing efforts
In addition to these specific tasks, you may also be involved in attending sales meetings, shadowing experienced sales representatives, and participating in training sessions to develop your skills in sales and customer success.
The goal of a sales development internship is to provide you with hands-on experience in sales, customer success, and relationship building, and to help you develop the skills and knowledge necessary for a successful career in sales.
What You Bring:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate, postgraduate or a diploma student
- Available to work 40 hours per week
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in sales and business development
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You should be comfortable with technology and be interested in learning about the latest trends in the industry.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Pursuing a course in sales/marketing, business, non-profit management, GIS, or Geography/Urban Planning
- Prior sales, tech or non-profit internship experience
- An interest in tech, sustainability and innovation
- Passion for building the future and engaging with leaders who are making a difference
Start and End Date: This internship program will begin July 1, 2023 and end September 31, 2023
Compensation: This is a paid internship at $1,250 (monthly)
- Paid Flex Fridays and Paid Holidays, with 1 week off fully paid in August (7th through 11th)
- Planet Swag
- Computer Provided: Mac or PC (Your preference)
- Mentored by SDR and SDR Leadership
- Included in Friday AMAs (Ask Me Anything) with Thought Leaders at Planet
- Virtual option to work from a coworking space in central Singapore
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Something looks off?