Experienced Machine Learning Engineer - Operations Research
Software Engineering, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
Plaid’s Machine Learning team is building models that improve how millions of users understand and grow their financial lives. We're looking for machine learning engineers with experience applying state-of-the-art machine learning and modeling techniques -- including natural language processing, anomaly detection, optimization, and time series forecasting -- toward different product areas. We value not only technical know-how, but also creativity, user empathy, and teamwork.
The traffic team is responsible for building and maintaining machine learning and/or optimization models to optimize web/API traffic flow. You will leverage ML and optimization techniques to help Plaid automate and scale our current traffic schedule system, which will help deliver a superior product experience to our partners and clients. In addition, you will develop and deploy ML and optimization models to help automate the traffic scheduling system.
- Building and improving ML infrastructure that powers the end-to-end ML development lifecycle.
- Hands-on develop, productionize, and operate Machine Learning/optimization models and pipelines to optimize Plaid’s web and API traffic.
- Continuously proposing and developing new features to improve the Traffic ML/optimization model performance.
- Debugging ML production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities for business impact, understand, refine, and prioritize requirements for machine learning and optimization models, drive engineering decisions, and quantify impact.
- Experience in building optimization models to solve real world problems.
- Experience in developing end to end data systems/products and productionizing ML and/or optimization models.
- Experience in well-known big data processing infrastructures, like Airflow, DBT, Hive, Presto, Spark, and etc.
- Ability to architect software and ML and/or optimization systems at scale.
- Solid software engineer skill in complex and multi-language systems. Code fluency in Python.
- Experience in working with product, design, and backend engineering.
- Nice to have - experience in building and deploying large scale optimization or reinforcement learning system in an industrial setting (traffic routing, two-sided software marketplace, logistics optimization etc.)
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.