Associate Account Manager - Enterprise
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
The Plaid Account Management team in the Enterprise Segment leverages our deep technical, product, and industry knowledge to help our general business cohort of customers build and scale amazing applications. We act as partners, advisors, and advocates for our customers to help shape how consumer and business interactions with their finances will drastically improve in the coming years.
Plaid is looking for an experienced customer-facing professional to manage and grow Plaid’s relationships with a large portfolio of smaller, high-potential companies. In this role, you will focus on managing a broad, multi-vertical portfolio of approximately 100-200 midsize accounts with high potential for revenue growth.
You will be the primary point of contact for your customers and will work with them on all stages of their integration to ensure they can successfully launch and grow. You will be responsible for working directly with key stakeholders ranging from developers to product leaders to help customers create the applications that will empower businesses and consumers with their financial data. You will be tasked with leveraging your understanding of the customers’ business to identify and pursue new revenue opportunities, either independently or in support of an account executive on Plaid’s Sales team.
The right candidate is able to build strong partnerships with their customers, to develop a deep understanding of priorities, motives and key drivers, is solutions oriented, and has demonstrated success in owning and growing strong, long-lasting customer relationships. In addition, this role requires the ability to dynamically evaluate and prioritize customers in order to maximize impact across such a large book of business.
- Own end-to-end relationship with midsize revenue customers in a diverse range of industry verticals and sizes
- Manage partnership, commercial, and technical topics; develop and implement strategies that increase customer product adoption, engagement, and growth at scale to drive revenue
- Lead key partnership initiatives including ongoing checkpoints, business reviews, and technical escalations
- Enable successful and consistent renewals to maintain existing core segment revenue; identify and execute on new high-potential growth opportunities with customers in support of the Sales team, or independently when required
- Be a strategic advisor and provide consultative guidance on Plaid and industry best practices as customers build and scale their applications
- Partner and collaborate with Account Executives, Sales Engineers, Technical Support, Legal, Engineering, and Product teams to drive successful outcomes for Plaid and our customers
- Be a champion for our customers and work with our internal Plaid teams to translate customer feedback into product insights; partner with key customer stakeholders to ensure alignment between their business and product priorities and Plaid’s priorities
- 3+ years of client relationship management experience with a broad range of customer sizes and industries; previous B2B technology experience is a strong plus; previous deal experience is a strong plus
- A strong business generalist with an acute technical acumen and ability to drive revenue growth
- Solving complex customers challenges through creative problem solving and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Advocating for our customers internally to ensure strong alignment between our organizations
- Interest in financial services and technical products; grit, enthusiasm, and a high degree of intellectual curiosity
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.