Senior Manager of Events Marketing
Senior Manager of Events Marketing
Who we are
Are you passionate about innovating at the intersection of technology and personal security? At Pindrop, we recognize that the human voice is a unique personal identifier, increasingly susceptible to sophisticated fraud, including the threat of deepfakes. We're leading the way in developing cutting-edge authentication, fraud prevention, and deepfake detection. Our mission is to provide seamless and secure digital experiences, safeguarding the most personal aspect of our identity: our voice. Here, you'll be part of a team driven by values of Innovation, Customer Advocacy, Excellence, and Impact. We're not just creating a safer digital landscape by fortifying trust and integrity with those we serve, we’re also building a dynamic, supportive workplace where your contributions make a real difference.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Pindrop is backed by world-class investors such as Andreessen-Horowitz, IVP, and CapitalG.
What you’ll do
- Develop, coordinate, and execute all of Pindrop’s external customer and prospect events and trade shows for North America, and the company’s large internal meetings, including Global Kick Off in collaboration with People Operations and Revenue teams
- Develop the overall event marketing strategy aligned to our target audience, overall marketing strategy, and overall company strategy using current evaluation points as well as decision making metrics: cost per lead, conversion rates and program costs
- Manage all pre and post event customer and prospect communication and email nurture strategy
- Develop the yearly event plan as well as own Pindrop’s internal event calendar
- Execute all event details including but not limited to: registration, agenda and content, sourcing and managing hotels and meeting space, A/V, travel, food and beverage needs for all hosted events; supporting writing efforts including email templates, abstracts, briefs and descriptions, etc.
- Secure influential speaking opportunities (conferences, podcasts, trade media)
- Establish relationships with key external partners and vendors who are critical to the effective execution and production of events.
- Communicate and present event strategies and plans to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with and build a strong relationship between Sales, Client Success, and Marketing including sales support and supervision of marketing events to their prospects and following up on leads
- Partner with other marketing team members to ensure event details are up to date on our website, social media, etc.
- Achieve, articulate, and track all key objectives and outcomes, and expected ROI for all events and programs and report to leadership
- Maintain budget for events by month, quarter, and year
- Manage the online portal for warehouse inventory for events and oversee inventory of all event supplies including promotional items and booth properties
- Manage registration process, including but not limited to building registration sites, email templates and communications
- Host pre and post-event meetings with event stakeholders in order to brief them as well as gather feedback for continuous improvement
Who you are
- You are a leader who inspires others by leading by example
- You are deeply collaborative working not only for the success of your team, but also the success of the company
- You walk the walk and talk the talk; you show rather than tell and don’t think twice before rolling up your sleeves to tackle issues, challenges, and initiatives
- You are a strategic thinker and a tactical executor
- You are a multi-tasker with excellent organization skills
- You are a self-starter and have a passion for driving constant improvement in programs and processes
- You are an exceptional written, verbal, and visual communicator
- You are resilient in the face of challenges, change, and ambiguity
- You are optimistic and believe that you can make a problem into a solution
- You are resourceful, excited to uncover innovative solutions and teach yourself something new when needed
- You take accountability, do the things you say you’ll do, under promise and over deliver
- You are nimble and adaptable when priorities change and continue to see the “forest through the trees”
- 5+ years of B2B enterprise marketing experience with 3+ years of event marketing experience
- Experience developing, executing, and managing events: corporate events including trade shows, user conferences, and customer marketing events
- Experience formally leading an events marketing function and team
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%
- Experience working with events as a form of pipeline generation and acceleration
- Experience working with event and registration software, Salesforce.com, social media sites, and mobile event apps
- Experience working closely with clients and all levels of management internally and externally
- Experience managing agencies and vendors
- Experience with Adobe Suite is preferred
What’s in it for you:
As a Pindropper, you join a rapidly growing company making technology more human with the power of voice. You will work alongside some of the best and brightest. We’re a passionate group committed to excellence - but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the journey as a team with chess and poker tournaments, catered lunches and happy hours, wellness programming, and more. Because we take our jobs seriously, we add in time for rest with Unlimited PTO, Focus Thursday, and Company-wide Rest Days.
Pindrop is poised to accelerate to the next stage of growth, and this position is critical to our success. This is an opportunity to be part of our GTM strategy and help drive new customers to Pindrop, while also influencing existing customers through field marketing.
Within 30 days you’ll
- Complete onboarding and attend New Employee Orientation sessions with other new Pindroppers
- Familiarize yourself with historical event plans and performance (2022-2023)
- Evaluate current 2024 event strategy and plan
- Evaluate and prioritize currently scheduled events and budget for 2024
- Get to know and build rapport with marketing team and other internal stakeholders
Within 60 days you’ll
- Schedule remaining marketing events based on the currently approved 2024 budget for Q2 and rest of year.
- Improve and/or enhance 2024 event strategy and plan
- Evaluate and build rapport with our vendors, agencies, etc. that support marketing efforts
Within 90 days you’ll
- Start to quantify the ROI from marketing events and develop a process for evaluating funnel contribution from field event spend
- Report your incoming evaluation and future plan to leadership and across the business
What we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 4 company-wide rest days in 2024 where the entire company rests and recharges!
- Generous health and welfare plans to choose from - including one employer-paid “employee-only” plan!
- Best-in-class Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Affordable vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Employer-provided life and disability coverage with additional supplemental options
- Paid Parental Leave - Equal for all parents, including birth, adoptive & foster parents
- One year of diaper delivery for your newest addition to the family! It’s our way of welcoming new Pindroplets to the family!
- Identity protection through Norton LifeLock
- Remote-first culture with opportunities for in-person team events
- New hire and recurring monthly home office allowance
- When we need a break, we keep it fun with happy hours, ping pong and foosball, drinks and snacks, and monthly massages!
- Remote and in-person team activities (think cheese tastings, chess tournaments, talent shows, murder mysteries, and more!)
- Company holidays
- Annual professional development and learning benefit
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with competitive 401(k) match
- Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 Telemedicine
What we live by
At Pindrop, our Core Values are fundamental beliefs at the center of all we do. They are our guiding principles that dictate our actions and behaviors. Our Values are deeply embedded into our culture in big and small ways and even help us decide right from wrong when the path forward is unclear. At Pindrop, we believe in taking accountability to make decisions and act in a way that reflects who we are. We truly believe making decisions and acting with our Core Values in mind will help us to achieve our goals and keep Pindrop a great place to work:
- Audaciously Innovate - We continue to change the world, and the way people safely engage and interact with technology. As first principle thinkers, we challenge standards, take risks and learn from our mistakes in order to make positive change and continuous improvement. We believe nothing is impossible.
- Evangelical Customers for Life - We delight, inspire and empower customers from day one and for life. We create a partnership and experience that results in a shared passion. We are champions for our customers, and our customers become our champions, creating a universal commitment to one another.
- Execution Excellence - We do what we say and say what we do. We are accountable for making the tough decisions and necessary tradeoffs to deliver quality and effective solutions on time.
- Win as a Company - Every time we win, we win as a company. Every time we lose, we lose as a company. We break down silos, support one another, embrace diversity and celebrate our successes. We are better together.
- Make a Difference - Every day we have the opportunity to make a positive impact. We operate with dedication, passion, and uncompromising integrity, creating a safer, more secure world.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.