Senior Security Engineer
Lead Security Engineer
Who we are
Are you passionate about innovating at the intersection of technology and personal security? At Pindrop, we recognize that the human voice is a unique personal identifier, increasingly susceptible to sophisticated fraud, including the threat of deepfakes. We're leading the way in developing cutting-edge authentication, fraud prevention, and deepfake detection. Our mission is to provide seamless and secure digital experiences, safeguarding the most personal aspect of our identity: our voice. Here, you'll be part of a team driven by values of Innovation, Customer Advocacy, Excellence, and Impact. We're not just creating a safer digital landscape by fortifying trust and integrity with those we serve, we’re also building a dynamic, supportive workplace where your contributions make a real difference.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Pindrop is backed by world-class investors such as Andreessen-Horowitz, IVP, and CapitalG.
What you’ll do
- Lead and examine and secure systems, network, infrastructure and applications to assess and improve the current on premises and cloud security posture.
- Lead administration, management and incident response of security tools and technologies such as EDR (Endpoint Detection & Response), SIEM (Security Information & Event Management), DLP (Data Loss Prevention), Vulnerability Management, Firewalls, WAF (Web Application Firewalls)
- Support daily security operations (SecOps) functions such as configuring, monitoring and responding to security alerts. Assist with Incident Response, and investigations.
- Build automation for security tools and SecOps functions such as compliance checks, alerts and reporting.
- Lead security analysis, review and deployment of solutions (systems, network, infrastructure and applications) to protect Pindrop assets in the cloud and our data centers.
- Lead technical security assessments, security reviews, code audits and offensive security exercises to test security controls and detection capabilities
- Be aware of Information security standards such as ISO27001, SOC2, PCI and support internal and third party audits.
- Provide thought leadership and technical direction based on security news, research, threats, attack vectors, technologies, certifications, laws and regulations and report on anything that could impact the company.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, provide security guidance and support and develop dashboards, reports, and alerts to meet their cybersecurity operational information requirements.
Who you are
- You are an engineer at heart with strong problem-solving, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and who has knowledge or experience in several areas such as - defending against and/or mitigating system vulnerabilities (including enterprise level concerns, infrastructure, and host/endpoint), intrusion detection and incident response, network traffic analysis, scripting languages, software reverse engineering, network security devices (e.g., firewalls, intrusion and detection systems), cloud and compliance frameworks.
- You continuously look for automation and programmatic efficiencies in security processes
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can communicate technical details in a clear, concise, understandable manner
- You work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- You are resilient in the face of challenges, change, and ambiguity
- You are optimistic and believe that you can make a problem into a solution
- You are resourceful, excited to uncover innovative solutions and teach yourself something new when needed
- You take accountability, do the things you say you’ll do, under-promise and over-deliver
- You are nimble and adaptable when priorities change and continue to see the “forest through the trees”
- At least 7 years of experience with administering and managing security technologies and tools such as EDR, SIEM, Vulnerability Management, SAST and DAST, Data Loss Prevention and File Integrity Monitoring tools.
- At least 5 years of experience with Security Operations (SecOps), incident response, security investigations.
- At Least 1 year of experience with a scripting or programming language: python, golang, ruby, bash, Java.
- Strong understanding of Networks, Cloud, Containers, API, Application Security, SDLC, Web security, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Fundamental understanding of accepted security practices, known attack vectors and vulnerability assessment methodologies
- Nice to have:
- Prior experience as a software developer
- Prior architectural experience
- Knowledge of common information security standards, such as ISO 27001/27002, NIST, CIS, PCI DSS, ITIL, and COBIT.
What’s in it for you:
As a Pindropper, you join a rapidly growing company making technology more human with the power of voice. You will work alongside some of the best and brightest). We’re a passionate group committed to excellence - but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the journey as a team with chess and poker tournaments, catered lunches and happy hours, wellness programming, and more. Because we take our jobs seriously, we add in time for rest with Unlimited PTO, Focus Thursday, and Company-wide Rest Days.
Within 30 days you’ll
- Complete onboarding and attend New Employee Orientation sessions with other new Pindroppers
- Learning about Pindrop culture, values and teams
- Building relationships with key stakeholders and the team
Within 60 days you’ll
- Learning existing processes, tools and techniques
- Learning SecOps best practices based on industry guidelines and comparing with current practices
Within 90 days you’ll
- Defining SecOps best practices based on industry guidelines and planning to improve with current practices
- Design and architect new security deployments and solutions.
- Teach us something new
What we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 4 company-wide rest days in 2024 where the entire company rests and recharges!
- Generous health and welfare plans to choose from - including one employer-paid “employee-only” plan!
- Best-in-class Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Affordable vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Employer-provided life and disability coverage with additional supplemental options
- Paid Parental Leave - Equal for all parents, including birth, adoptive & foster parents
- One year of diaper delivery for your newest addition to the family! It’s our way of welcoming new Pindroplets to the family!
- Identity protection through Norton LifeLock
- Remote-first culture with opportunities for in-person team events
- New hire and recurring monthly home office allowance
- When we need a break, we keep it fun with happy hours, ping pong and foosball, drinks and snacks, and monthly massages!
- Remote and in-person team activities (think cheese tastings, chess tournaments, talent shows, murder mysteries, and more!)
- Company holidays
- Annual professional development and learning benefit
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with competitive 401(k) match
- Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 Telemedicine
What we live by
At Pindrop, our Core Values are fundamental beliefs at the center of all we do. They are our guiding principles that dictate our actions and behaviors. Our Values are deeply embedded into our culture in big and small ways and even help us decide right from wrong when the path forward is unclear. At Pindrop, we believe in taking accountability to make decisions and act in a way that reflects who we are. We truly believe making decisions and acting with our Core Values in mind will help us to achieve our goals and keep Pindrop a great place to work:
- Audaciously Innovate - We continue to change the world, and the way people safely engage and interact with technology. As first principle thinkers, we challenge standards, take risks and learn from our mistakes in order to make positive change and continuous improvement. We believe nothing is impossible.
- Evangelical Customers for Life - We delight, inspire and empower customers from day one and for life. We create a partnership and experience that results in a shared passion. We are champions for our customers, and our customers become our champions, creating a universal commitment to one another.
- Execution Excellence - We do what we say and say what we do. We are accountable for making the tough decisions and necessary tradeoffs to deliver quality and effective solutions on time.
- Win as a Company - Every time we win, we win as a company. Every time we lose, we lose as a company. We break down silos, support one another, embrace diversity and celebrate our successes. We are better together.
- Make a Difference - Every day we have the opportunity to make a positive impact. We operate with dedication, passion, and uncompromising integrity, creating a safer, more secure world.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.