Healthcare needs good data. At PicnicHealth, we are building deep observational and real-world outcome datasets that fuel cutting-edge research while giving patients control of their own medical record data. These complete, clinically-rich datasets produce unique insights — across dozens of diseases — to ultimately get the right treatments into patients’ hands faster. We do this by working directly with patients and leveraging state of the art machine learning to transform messy medical records into structured, research-ready datasets as a part of a large spectrum of observational studies and drug and disease registries. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients securely access their records and proactively contribute to advancing research in diseases that impact their lives.
Founded in 2014, PicnicHealth partners with 12 of the top 20 biopharma companies and we have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors including Amplify Partners, Felicis Ventures and B Capital Group.
And we are just getting started! If you are looking to join an award winning, mission-driven, motivated team that is making a real impact across millions of people’s lives, PicnicHealth might just be the place for you.
At PicnicHealth, we are committed to crafting the experiences that make clinical research efficient, effective, and patient-centered. We care deeply about design – both how it works and how it looks. We are looking for a human-centered Product Designer who is passionate about shaping the product strategy and experience in support of our ambitious mission.
In this role, you will drive discovery, research, and design initiatives to enable streamlined configuration for complex clinical studies, an exciting new area that is crucial to our business success. You will have the unique challenge of working on a complex system that bridges the gap between internal systems and external user experiences, demanding a blend of technical acumen and human-centered design thinking. Moreover, this role offers the enriching experience of mentoring junior designers, allowing you to directly influence and shape the design culture within our organization. Your contributions will be key in driving innovation and efficiency in the critical field of clinical research, making this position ideal for those who aspire to make a significant impact in both the product and the lives it touches.
Most importantly, you will be working in an environment where your ownership scales with your ambition and your team carves out space to support your growth at PicnicHealth (and beyond!).
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Craft user flows and experiences that makes clinical studies configuration intuitive and efficient. Deliver high-quality designs, interactions, and prototypes to align teams around your vision. Come up with features and improvements that ship quickly and with high quality.
- Navigate an ambiguous space by advocating for users’ and the business’s needs. Bring clarity and purpose to the team you collaborate with via creative storytelling and applying design thinking.
- Proactively collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive projects forward. Effectively communicate design decisions with creative, strategic, and business reasonings.
- Contribute to building a world-class design team, by helping attract, interview, and onboard your future team members during this exciting time of growth.
- Contribute to the overall product and design direction of the whole company.
You are a strong candidate if you have:
- 5+ years of experience leading and designing interactive applications
- Excellent visual design, interaction design, and product thinking skills
- An impressive portfolio that highlights your diverse design skill set, and a deep understanding for human-centered design practice.
- Ability to proactively identify constraints and collaborate cross-functionally to come up with and implement creative solutions.
- Experience in designing complex pro-applications or internal tools. Unique viewpoints on design tools, mapping / labeling software, and graphics applications that add something new to the team.
- Passion about improving the lives of patients by making a difference in improving clinical research & healthcare outcomes.
We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, to move the PicnicHealth mission forward.
Perks & Benefits @PicnicHealth
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people. We look to attract and retain exceptional performers through a mission that matters, a culture that allows team members to do their best work and be their real selves, and through competitive compensation and benefits packages aligned to the market and our Core Values.
We’re a remote first company, with teammates spread across the US. We support in-person gatherings, including co-working spaces and multi-day onsites, to build connections and move forward strategic initiatives. Expect to travel 2-4 times a year. For our team members in the Bay Area, who prefer to work in person we can offer a hybrid set up to work from the SF office on a flexible schedule.
Target Base Salary Range: $140K-$180K
The base salary PicnicHealth offers may vary depending upon the ultimate scope and responsibilities of the position and on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total package will include equity, in addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
You also get:
- Comprehensive benefits including above market Health, Dental, Vision
- Family friendly environment
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds for home office set up
- Wellness Stipend
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.