Sr. Accounting Director
We’re on a mission to help people better access and afford care.
Every day, millions of people, and their loved ones, need to see a doctor. For most of us, that moment is an uncertain one - we’re unsure of what’s wrong, who to go to, how long it’ll take to be seen, when we’ll feel better, and what it’ll cost.
Paytient partners with thoughtful employers and health plans who understand the impact of that moment and want to ensure that every one of their plan members are easily able to access and afford care. Our clients understand that an improved ability to self-pay for care changes patient behavior and creates value for the health plan. This founding belief is becoming an emerging standard of care in health plan design and is now, in fact, a mandatory capability in some governmental health plans. Founded in 2018, Paytient is now part of nearly 2,000 employer health plans and providing certainty that people are better able to access and afford care.
About The Role:
Paytient is seeking a Sr. Accounting Director to lead our Accounting function. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Sr. Accounting Director will work to build and scale the Company’s financial operations by recruiting, developing and mentoring the Accounting team and designing and implementing best practices. They will be responsible for owning the company’s control processes and accounting policies, maintaining the general ledger, leading the monthly close process, preparing monthly financial statements, and managing tax, treasury, and leading financial operations.
Our “remote with roots” model allows us to work where we thrive and gather as needed, often in our home office in Columbia, Missouri. This role can be performed from anywhere in the continental U.S., with the exception of Montana.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee day-to-day accounting and financial operations
- Maintain and improve accounting policies, internal controls and close processes
- Manage complex accounting areas including revenue, commission, and equity
- Work cross-functionally to shape commercial contract terms and opine on revenue recognition impacts
- Own financial reporting and audit deliverables
- Build, manage and mentor an internal accounting team
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accountancy, Finance, or related degree
- CPA license preferred
- 7+ years of related experience
- Experience with a high growth software company
- History of scaling and process improvement for finance and accounting operations
- Excellent knowledge and experience in assessing, developing, and implementing controls and systems
- Proven ability to hire, manage, and mentor high-performing accounting teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and drive initiatives cross-functionally
Benefits We Offer:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- $4,150 annual HSA contribution
- Paytient Health Payment Account (HPA)
- Monthly lifestyle spending stipend
- 33 days of annual PTO
- 401k plan access with a 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- Stock options in Paytient
- ...and more!
Paytient is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.