Member Support Representative
We’re on a mission to help people better access and afford care.
Every day, millions of people, and their loved ones, need to see a doctor. For most of us, that moment is an uncertain one - we’re unsure of what’s wrong, who to go to, how long it’ll take to be seen, when we’ll feel better, and what it’ll cost.
Paytient partners with thoughtful employers and health plans who understand the impact of that moment and want to ensure that every one of their plan members are easily able to access and afford care. Our clients understand that an improved ability to self-pay for care changes patient behavior and creates value for the health plan. This founding belief is becoming an emerging standard of care in health plan design and is now, in fact, a mandatory capability in some governmental health plans. Founded in 2018, Paytient is now part of nearly 2,000 employer health plans and providing certainty that people are better able to access and afford care.
About The Role:
As a Member Support Representative, you will be responsible for supporting our members, who we affectionately call "Paytients." Closely connected with Paytients, you will have direct insight into what they are experiencing. Empathy is non-negotiable. Member experience is the top priority. We strive to exceed expectations at every interaction. Long wait times? Not here. Seemingly impossible to talk to a person? Not at all. You will be a champion of expeditiousness and kindness.
Our Member Support Champions are available to support our members seven (7) days a week from 8a-8p CST. The ideal candidate would appreciate a flexible work schedule during available support hours. Come build it with us!
This position will work out of our office in Columbia, MO.
What You'll Do:
- Answer inbound emails, instant messages, and phone inquiries from Paytient members
- Troubleshoot technical issues across multiple platforms
- Investigate members' inquiries and escalate issues to our technical team as needed
- Engage with Paytients to ensure success of experience, transaction, and payment solutions
- Collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced, changing startup environment
What You'll Bring:
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone, email and chat
- Previous experience (or demonstrated interest) in a customer service role
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to handle multiple concurrent chat conversations
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and continue learning
- Not afraid to ask for help, though you usually seek out the answer yourself
Benefits We Offer:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- $4,150 annual HSA contribution
- Paytient Health Payment Account (HPA)
- Monthly lifestyle spending stipend
- 33 days of annual PTO
- 401k plan access with a 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- Stock options in Paytient
- ...and more!
Paytient is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.