Business Operations Manager
We’re on a mission to help people better access and afford care.
Every day, millions of people, and their loved ones, need to see a doctor. For most of us, that moment is an uncertain one - we’re unsure of what’s wrong, who to go to, how long it’ll take to be seen, when we’ll feel better, and what it’ll cost.
Paytient partners with thoughtful employers and health plans who understand the impact of that moment and want to ensure that every one of their plan members are easily able to access and afford care. Our clients understand that an improved ability to self-pay for care changes patient behavior and creates value for the health plan. This founding belief is becoming an emerging standard of care in health plan design and is now, in fact, a mandatory capability in some governmental health plans. Founded in 2018, Paytient is now part of nearly 2,000 employer health plans and providing certainty that people are better able to access and afford care.
About The Role:
Paytient is hiring a Business Operations Manager to evaluate and lead strategic projects. In this role, you will work alongside the leadership team, owning projects that span internal priorities and client/customer-facing initiatives. This role reports into our Chief Commercial Officer.
Our “remote with roots” model allows us to work where we thrive and gather as needed, often in our home office in Columbia, Missouri. This role can be performed from anywhere in the continental U.S., with the exception of Montana.
What You'll Do:
- Lead strategic projects and perform analyses to drive major decisions for the company.
- Design scalable systems and organizational structures to support Paytient’s rapid growth and ensure the highest quality of execution.
- Stand up new operations and business units and develop their roadmaps and goals.
- Identify and implement initiatives that move company OKRs; partnering with cross-functional teams to increase operational effectiveness, reduce risk, and drive company-wide change.
- Collaborate with leaders across the company to identify key metrics, build dashboards, and recommend data-driven actions to drive operational quality, scalability, and efficiency.
- Scope ambiguous problems into concrete projects.
What You'll Bring:
- 2-5 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy or a related field in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Working understanding of the US healthcare ecosystem (e.g., Health Plans, Third Party Administrators, Providers) and the specific challenges facing each stakeholder.
- Excellent analytical skills and comfort with financial modeling.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal), with experience presenting to and influencing senior leadership.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects, including process design and implementation.
- Comfortable with ambiguity – thrives in unstructured environments and desires ownership.
Benefits We Offer:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- $4,150 annual HSA contribution
- Paytient Health Payment Account (HPA)
- Monthly lifestyle spending stipend
- 33 days of annual PTO
- 401k plan access with a 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- Stock options in Paytient
- ...and more!
Paytient is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.