Senior Product Manager
Origin is reimagining wealth management by making it accessible and affordable to all. Today, money is the [#1] source of stress - more than jobs, health, and relationships combined. That stress is exacerbated in the current economic environment, which is presenting people with once-in-a-generation financial challenges. Origin is tackling this problem head on by expanding access to financial planning for those who have historically been boxed out due to high barriers to entry. Our product simplifies finances for individuals making it easy to manage spend and investments, get expert advice, and take action to hit financial goals.
We are a fast-paced startup in the series B round, led by repeat founders and backed by leading VC firms like Founders Fund, Felicis, and General Catalyst.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE'S MISSION
As a Senior Product Manager on our Product team, you will be responsible for ensuring we’re delivering world-class products in the vertical you support (Core or Services). You will partner with your Director of Product and the broader Product team to align on a prioritized roadmap and launch multiple new products. You will establish and measure evidence-based KPIs to define and achieve business outcomes.
The role is key in launching critical expansion features and service offerings to achieve the overall company strategy and will report to the Director of Product of your vertical. You will be hands-on and equally comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get the job done, as you are with delivering through others.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will:
- Work directly with Origin’s executive team to define the vision and strategy for your area of product and business;
- Deeply understand the market, our customers, and our users to democratize financial planning and make it accessible to the masses;
- Drive alignment and execution across multiple product launches simultaneously;
- Build, launch, and refine product features to drive user conversion across multiple tiers of product offerings;
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to translate your vision into products that are highly impactful and delightful to use by developing user stories and product requirements and engaging in usability and prototype testing;
- Take abstract problems, clarify the solution set, and effectively communicate the direction to gain buy-in from leadership;
- Interact directly with customers and users to unearth pain points and discover new product opportunities;
- Ship with pace and urgency while keeping a high-quality bar.
WHAT WE CONSIDER AS A MUST-HAVE
We’re looking for a person with a strong desire to dive into an industry with huge problems and opportunities in an effort to drive transformational change. Someone who is intensely focused on identifying problems and finding the right solution. Someone who thrives in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment and is willing to take risks and experience failure along the way. You care about design, think in terms of KPIs, and enjoy learning about and applying new technologies to solve customer problems in a user-centric way.
You bring an owner’s mindset to everything you work on. You are excited by what is daunting to other people. You relentlessly ship with urgency while keeping a very high bar.
So we expect you to have:
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager or comparable building consumer-facing software and standalone products;
- Experience working on multiple product launches for a fast-growing startup;
- Experience working on a significant product roadmap from inception to launch;
- Demonstrated strength in managing executive stakeholders;
- Demonstrated strength in being a bar raiser for your team and product area in terms of quality, process, and signal-to-noise ratio;
- Approach decision-making with a data-informed mindset, with the ability to gather both qualitative and quantitative data, emerge with insights and come to well-reasoned conclusions;
- Outstanding writing, verbal communication skills, and UX/UI sensibilities;
- Strong accountability, attention to detail, and an execution-oriented mindset;
- Technical fluency that enables you to explore possibilities creatively and challenge constraints with engineering, with demonstrated ability to earn the respect of talented engineers;
- The ability to make decisions in the face of uncertainty and with incomplete information and an eagerness to learn from the outcomes;
- Live or have disponibility to go to San Francisco Area on demand.
AND AS A NICE-TO-HAVE
- Experience in the financial services/personal financial management industry;
- Prior experience with growth;
- Experience with ML/AI-based recommendation products;
- Experience with digitally-enabled financial planning, brokerage products, or tax services.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Generous base salary
- Meaningful equity package
Health and Wellness
- Heath Insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Wellness allowance;
- Mental health;
- Parenthood & fertility;
- Unlimited access to Origin;
- Coworking allowance;
- Work setup one-time stipend;
- Unlimited PTO;
- Parental leave;
- Flexible hours;
Fulfilling our mission is only possible with a diverse team that breathes for excellence and is hugely committed to making money simple for everyone, everywhere.
As a team, we are obsessed with delivering the best solution possible to our members through an elegant and self-guided experience. We know that building a product of this magnitude requires from us tons of creativity, autonomy, and flexibility to move fast and embrace uncertainties with ownership. This is who we daily pursue to be!
To embrace talented people like this and provide the necessary resources to achieve their best versions, we believe in the power of a healthy environment where each person is valued for who they are and have clear goals and expectations for the future they can build within the company. Each person here is seen as a key player in our team.
Our environment is diverse, with excellent people and equal opportunities. We believe in the power of the individuality and uniqueness of each of us to make our team even more powerful.
We are building an outstanding solution, and here is an invitation for you to become an Original and join us on this journey!