Operant is seeking a sales engineer to serve as the first member of our GTM team. The ideal candidate is a savvy expert in cloud-native technologies who enjoys digging deep into technical detail to understand customer needs and how Operant’s unique approach can help them achieve their goals around application security, DevSecOps, and deployment speed. The sales engineer should feel comfortable discussing cloud-native security with key technical members of customer teams, including roles like the VP of Eng, Director of Eng, Director of Product Security, security engineers, and platform engineers/SREs. The Sales Engineer should be aware of the cybersecurity competitive landscape (both old players and cloud-native up-and-comers) and should be passionate about understanding use cases, helping customers succeed both pre and post-sale, and partnering with Operant’s engineering team to share customer feedback and feature requests. Experience in delivering compelling demonstrations of cloud solutions and products is essential, with deep knowledge of Kubernetes security challenges highly desirable.
Who We Are:
At Operant, we are building a transformational Application Security product for cloud-native security engineering teams. Operant's product brings industry-first runtime analytics and enforcement capabilities that secure modern apps across every layer of the cloud native stack. We are passionate about bringing state of the art technological innovations that our founding team has built on from Operating Systems/Distributed Systems/ML to the world of cloud-native security, and building a product that is ready to take on the rising complexity and massive scale of today’s cloud native applications.
- Understand customer needs and translate those needs into POC and onboarding plans that demonstrate Operant’s value quickly and with minimal friction
- Perform product demonstrations live in the field or via video conference
- Provide pre-sales support to customers in deploying, configuring and onboarding with Operant
- Provide post-sales support to top customers to expand usage to new users and use cases that provide value to the customer while building long term relationships with key stakeholders
- Work with engineering to build and support customer POC/POV solutions when necessary
- Contribute to relevant content that supports the sales process, including documentation, blog posts, and sales enablement assets
- Attend conferences and client meetings, serving as a product and brand representative, performing live demos, engaging with prospects, and facilitating implementations within customer environments
- 6+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience selling to or working in cloud-native or hybrid environments at Fortune 1000 companies
- Significant knowledge of Kubernetes and cloud security with the ability to speak articulately and correctly with knowledgeable people about the problem space
- Comfort with and passion for customer interactions and relationship building
- Experience performing demos in front of both technical and business focused prospects
- Familiarity with Go and C++ to adapt customer facing applications and code
- Impeccable written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Open, curious and receptive to new ideas and ways of doing things
- Willing to mentor new members of the team as the company grows
- Ability to travel domestically from time to time
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a comparable field is preferred
Work Hours & Location:
- Operant is a remote-first company and welcomes qualified applicants from across the US and Europe.
- This position will require you to be available during core PST business hours (9am-5pm) and to adjust schedules occasionally based on customer and business needs including business travel, client meeting/call schedules, and team off-sites.
What you can expect from us:
Operant is an equal opportunity workplace where you will find an open and supportive environment to share your thoughts and ideas, while enabling you to springboard your career in a high-growth, high-energy startup.
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Generous PTO
- Stock options