Couples Therapist (Contractor, New Jersey)
About the Company
Octave is a modern behavioral health practice creating a new standard for care delivery that’s both high-quality and accessible to more people. With in-person and virtual clinics in California, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Texas, and Washington D.C., the company offers personalized care plans that can include individual, couples, and family therapy, while pioneering relationships with payers to make care more affordable through insurance. By raising the bar on how care is delivered and how providers are supported, we are building a sustainable system that values equity, affordability, and effectiveness.
About the Role
We are looking for a couples therapist interested in a contractor position to partner with an existing diverse clinical team to provide therapy in a collaborative, client-centered, start-up environment. You will treat adult couples using short-term, evidence-based therapies. Candidates must be licensed in NJ at the masters or doctoral level, well-versed in evidence-based therapies and expert in the delivery of culturally responsive care.
You are a good fit if you are:
- Passionate about expanding access to high-quality mental health care.
- Skilled at providing couples therapy that is short-term and evidence-based.
- Adept at building and maintaining a strong therapeutic alliance.
- Willing to deliver feedback-informed care using standardized measures.
- Expert at providing culturally responsive and culturally competent care.
- Open to learning from your colleagues and clients.
- Someone who thrives in a culture of thoughtful feedback and transparency.
- LMFT, LPCC, LCSW, PhD, PsyD
- Current License in New Jersey.
- Must reside in the state of New Jersey.
- Certain payor relationships may exclude you from employment.
- Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited school of Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or Marriage, or Family and Child Counseling.
- Must be registered with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs as an LMFT, LCSW, LMHC, or LPCC.
- Clinicians are required to maintain appropriate licensure through the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.
- Formal training in couples therapy and 1 year of experience treating couples.
- At least 1 year of related post-license clinical experience required.
Starting pay for qualified applicants will depend on a combination of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is set forth below and this range may be modified in the future.
The session rates for this role are listed below dependent on licensure and payer:
- $90-$120 per session for master's level license
- $90-$130 per session for doctoral level license
Please complete the following application. Please note that the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions below are used for the purposes of EEOC reporting and are optional to complete. Octave is unable to change these questions and we acknowledge that many of the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions are not inclusive or affirming of all aspects of cultural identity. Octave is committed to an inclusive workplace environment, and this information will not inform how we approach hiring or employment.