Software Engineer, Monetization Experience
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About the role
Monetization is key to the growth of any business, and in this role you will be joining the team directly responsible for the Monetization Experience at Notion. This team is a driving force behind Notion’s business, using creativity, experiments, and feature creation to bring the value of Notion to more people worldwide. As a member of this customer facing team, your work will be seen and used by millions of users around the world every day.
- Start from the ground floor. You’ll join as the third engineer and be supported by an amazing team with a dedicated product manager, designer, and data scientist. We are an energetic, creative group that loves to improve the Notion product, whether it be by polishing up pixels on an existing flow or revamping it entirely to craft a better experience for our users.
- Our collective impact is enormous. You’ve seen our work. From the Notion AI add-on subscription, to our last pricing & packaging changes, to Notion for Students. We are small but mighty and work across the entire Notion product to ensure users around the world get value out of Notion. You’ll move fast, have opportunities to lead projects, and in a few short months, you’ll most likely be presenting your work to the whole company at one of our all-hands.
This role has a mix of big thinking, fast experimentation, and complex problem solving. You will see the impact of your work nearly instantaneously. Someone that can think through all the business metrics and understand how to create solutions that delight customers would excel in this role. If you're passionate about innovation and ready to make a significant impact, the Monetization Engineering team at Notion is the perfect place for you.
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Achieve
- You’ll fix several user facing bugs, and ship experiments end-to-end, from ideation to analysis. Nothing is better than the first time you launch an experience to our Notion community and you realize how impactful your work is to our users.
- You will play an instrumental role in the success of our team by shaping our tools, processes, and culture. You’ll drive the growth of our business through a combination of data analysis, product ideation, and experimentation to optimize product experiences.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years working as a professional software engineer, building features or products end-to-end
- You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same
While it’s not required, it’s an added bonus if you also have:
- Experience in and a desire to teach fellow engineers through pairing, code review, and in-the-moment feedback
- A history of strong cross-functional collaboration with marketing, sales, and/or other non-technical teams
- You have experience shipping product flows using A/B testing to understand customer behavior and make data-informed decisions
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $130,000-$250,000 per year.