Compensation Partner, Programs
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
The Total Rewards Team at Notion is dedicated to building a generational company that empowers people to do their best and most meaningful work. We're seeking a compensation partner to help establish and maintain comprehensive compensation programs that support this goal. You'll have the opportunity to develop reward programs from scratch, collaborating with our compensation, people, and L&D partners to bring these programs to life.
What You'll Achieve:
- Develop training materials to promote an understanding of compensation philosophies, practices, programs and administration across all levels of the organization
- Partner with People, Compensation and Business Leads to enhance Notion’s job architecture and governance
- Drive the execution of Notion’s reward cycles from operations, education and communication to leadership in partnership with our People Teams. Work with FP&A to develop budget, prepare communication materials, build and test compensation cycles in our comp planning tool and advise People Business Partners and Managers
- Leveraging knowledge of market dynamics to tie Notion’s jobs to the external market and annually reviewing structures to manage salary and equity compensation in partnership with other members of our compensation team. Assist with annual data survey submissions as needed.
- Enhance and maintain global job architecture and educate stakeholders on job evaluation, market benchmarking and compensation ranges in partnership with our compensation partners
- Partner closely with the People ops team to enhance and automate compensation practices and support the transition to a new HRIS tool (likely Workday)
- Support the team in preparation of Compensation Committee and leadership meetings
- Maintain the equity grant list and work closely with the Stock Administration team on equity plan design. Provide education regarding equity plans at Notion in collaboration with Stock Administration to ensure team members understand the potential value of their equity
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You have broad compensation experience across job architecture, cycle management, equity structure design, cost modeling and compensation education and communication
- You have experience building and implementing reward programs plus setting up scalable systems to support a growing global workforce
- You’re passionate about rewards and the impact it can make on our employee attraction and retention strategy
- You blend hands-on operational skills with strategic thinking
- You have proven data analysis skills with the ability to translate data insights into compelling stories that inspire action with the ability to influence
Nice to Haves:
- You have experience and a strong depth of knowledge of the tech sector
- You have a passion for educating team members about various aspects of reward program analysis and design and reward philosophies
- You have a proactive approach to partnering with business leaders, deeply understanding the business challenges, and providing education and support
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $140,000 - $180,000 per year.