Product Marketing Manager, Core & Growth
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to bring Notion to individuals and teams around the world. In this role you will help define the needs of our large and diverse audience and how Notion can help them succeed. You will partner with product, design and engineering to shape the product roadmap, and work closely with sales and marketing to refine our messaging and positioning and build the Notion narrative.
This is a highly cross functional role with significant influence across marketing, sales, product and executive teams. A successful candidate will be a powerful voice for the customer, and a seasoned, strategic marketer who is comfortable driving initiatives that will lead to meaningful business outcomes.
What You'll Achieve:
- Develop compelling positioning, messaging, and user experiences that showcase Notion’s value to individuals and teams, leading to improved acquisition, activation, retention, and monetization
- Partner closely with product, engineering and design to ensure customer needs and insights are central to roadmap development. Drive the strategy around product positioning for new, big bets that can spark meaningful growth for the business
- Activate the company around our target customers with compelling messaging, campaigns, and programs
- Partner with sales and customer success to refine our messaging & positioning and develop sales materials
- Develop case studies, website content, and other marketing materials in partnership with the content team that establish Notion as a leader in the collaboration and productivity space
- Conduct market, competitor, and audience research to inform our product, marketing, and sales strategies
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Experience as a builder - We're in the early days of our product and the company in general. We need someone who is excited by being an early member of the product marketing team.
- Proven track record of bringing teams together to ship experiments, products and projects, and of using data to optimize decision-making
- Customer-centric with experience in generating qualitative and quantitative insights and using those insights to inform your marketing strategies and the product roadmap
- Ability to distill complex information into understandable, actionable, persuasive material that helps users grasp the value of Notion for their teams
- Growth mindset and comfort with ambiguity. We're in a hyper-growth stage - you should thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Strong writing and presentation skills; you’re a storyteller at heart!
- At least 5 years of product marketing experience with demonstrated results marketing SaaS solutions
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with PLG SaaS products
- You've used Notion and understand its value
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $160,000 - $220,000