We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
As our first Payroll Analyst at Notion, you will have the opportunity to manage the day to day payroll processing for all of our employees in the United States. You will ensure all Notino’s in the United States are paid accurately and on time as well as shape and improve the existing procedures and systems in a fast changing, exciting environment.
What You'll Achieve:
- Prepare and reconcile the bi-weekly United States payroll using Rippling payroll system for 460+ employees and growing
- Own and administer the Rippling Time and Attendance system for all non-exempt hourly employees to ensure timecards are accurately submitted and approved on time
- Liaise with the Rippling support team to ensure the accuracy, compliance, and timely processing of payroll
- Collaborate closely with the People team, Finance team, and external payroll partners to identify and improve payroll workflows
- Provide excellent employee experience as the first point of contact for all United States payroll inquires
- Process accurately and timely submission of all leave of absence amounts, fringe benefits (Carrot and Level), and 401K/Roth contributions using Fidelity
- Work closely with the Finance team on special projects if needed
- Ability to run and create (ad-hoc) reports using Rippling on an as needed basis’s
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 4+ years of US payroll processing experience for small to midsize organizations
- Strong knowledge of US payroll compliance and understanding of Federal/State payroll tax and labor laws
- Strong in house payroll system experience, including the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities in a high growth environment
- Highly Proficient in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, and formulas)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with Rippling and/or Workday payroll, time and attendance, and HCM system
- Experience running payroll in India, Ireland, and Japan
- Experience with NetSuite and creating/reconciling payroll journal entries
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $110,000 - $125,000 per year.