Technical Program Manager, Web Presence
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About the role
Notion’s Web Presence Team is a group of interactive designers, front-end specialists, engineers, and creative technologists, embedded within our broader Creative Team. We design and build Notion’s website (notion.so) — which, for millions of visitors each month, is their first impression of Notion. It's critical that notion.so tells a clear story about the product and the value it offers for individual users, teams, and companies. Given Notion's broad flexibility, it's also important that we tell a compelling story to specific audiences based on user persona, industry, geographic location, and more.
We’re at an exciting stage as a team where we’ve built out the foundational pieces of our website, and are focused on refinement and taking the user experience to the next level. We’re looking for an experienced technical program manager (TPgM) who excels at bringing clarity to complex processes and resourcing challenges — and can help our team push the boundaries of what a modern marketing experience looks and feels like.
Success in this role will involve crafting the Web Presence roadmap, managing our internal operations, driving projects across new and existing web experiences, and helping our team maintain quality as our website grows. It will also involve collaborating with Product Marketing, Engineering, and Growth teams to ensure we’re telling Notion’s story in a compelling and effective way.
What you’ll achieve
As Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving the design, build, and iteration of notion.so’s UX and technical infrastructure — helping our Web Presence team deliver high-impact projects quickly, while maintaining our high quality bar. Reporting into Creative Strategy & Operations*,* you’ll help define the engagement models, processes, and resources that create the rhythm of our work.
- Envision and build operational structure to align web designers, engineers, and creative technologists with the needs of the rest of the company
- Manage inbound requests, budgets, resources, and project development for experiences in all corners of our web presence, using data to iterate and fine-tune with agility as needed
- Solve for operational risks and dependencies by scoping with precision, analyzing tradeoffs, mapping resources to OKRs, and pre-empting disruption to project timelines and deliverables
- Work with the Head of Web Presence to drive a shared vision for Notion’s website, identifying high-leverage improvements and experiments for the team to design and build
- Collaborate with Creative Team leads on annual budget planning and regular budget tracking, including vendor/asset reconciling, expense tracking, and cost-effective strategic decisions
- Create and own our service-level agreements with both internal partner teams and external vendors, providing regular project statuses to stakeholders while tracking progress towards milestones
- Be the Web Presence liaison between functions including Finance, Legal, and Recruiting
Skills you’ll need to bring
- 9+ years of experience working as an Interactive Producer, Technical Program Manager, or a similar field, specifically on high-profile website programs at scale
- Exceptional domain expertise across web design, web development, content management, and strategic web marketing functions (i.e. SEO, attribution tracking)
- Speed: You bias towards action and operate with ambition, creating repeatable processes that help the multi-disciplinary web teams you manage do the same
- Collaboration: People on the teams you operationalize become the best versions of themselves by working with you
- Order agent: You love running the day-to-day operations while shaping the team’s monthly roadmap, and are always seeking to turn ambiguity into clarity
- Skilled executor: You’re able to operate at all altitudes within an organization, from scheduling executive reviews to planning sprints to ensuring contractors get paid on time
- Storyteller: You view the web as an exciting storytelling medium and constantly reach for the bold, trying new things that haven't been seen before on a SaaS website
- High EQ: You’re great at reading both people and rooms, and can adapt your operating style situationally
- Experience using Notion - bonus points for both personal and work use
- Experience crafting editorial calendars for marketing websites
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $145,000k - $180,000k.