Business Operations and Strategy
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
This is an opportunity to serve as a key partner and advisor on Notion’s Business Operations team. Business Operations is a cross-functional team that partners with senior leaders across the company, focusing on high-impact strategic projects and analysis. In this role, you’ll work hand-in-hand with leadership to identify, structure, and act on the most challenging strategic and operational questions impacting our business.
What You'll Achieve:
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and go-to-market stakeholders to define and implement strategy across all Notion products, driving increased value to our users and our business
- Structure complex, ambiguous strategic problems for the Notion leadership team, defining clear hypotheses and building business cases and quantitative models that will inform and influence our approach
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders to define and manage key drivers of business performance, identifying areas of opportunity and incorporating them into your work
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our competitive positioning by using, assessing, and developing insights about peer businesses to inform your recommendations
- Deeply understand Notion customers and the broader market landscape to uncover insights that inform your recommendations
- Create scalable solutions that combine a broad vision for what is possible with an understanding of the practical demands that constrain them
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 5+ years of strategy experience, with at least 2+ years relevant experience in management consulting, investment banking, or related professional services fields
- Highly structured mindset with a strong focus on driving outcomes and turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent financial modeling skills, with strong attention to detail and high standards for quality
- Outstanding executive-level written and verbal communication skills. You have the ability to operate independently with senior stakeholders and manage relationships, deliverables, and timelines with minimal supervision
- Data self-sufficiency - proficiency in SQL to access relevant data without the need for outside assistance
- Comfort working in a high-growth, constantly changing environment with passion and enthusiasm
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience in strategy and operations in B2B SaaS businesses
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $180,000 - $210,000 per year.