Global Program Manager, Community
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
Notion has a customer community unlike any other in software. Our community is made up of tens of millions of passionate users who use Notion daily in their work and personal lives. At Notion, the community is at the heart of our product, and as a Global Community Program Manager you’ll have the opportunity to help scale our programs all over the world. We’re looking for someone who can envision a plan for community globally, run operations across key markets, and engage with our community at scale both online and offline.
What You'll Achieve:
- Launch. You will help us plan how we launch our community programs (Ambassadors, Campus Leaders and Champions) globally across our priority markets in APAC and EMEA. You’ll also have the opportunity to create new initiatives that further support our community.
- Develop. You’ll create customer-centric campaigns, playbooks, and programs that drive loyalty and engagement. This could look like launching new initiatives, supporting community-led events, or localizing campaigns.
- Iterate. You will understand both quantitatively and qualitatively what works and doesn’t, evolving your work based on the needs of the market. You will also define repeatable processes and best practices that will help us scale, sharing key insights with leadership and stakeholders.
- Scale. You will find ways to scale engagement (online) that makes our community feel inspired, supported, and heard by us.
- Partner. You will partner closely with your regional counterparts to co-create programs that are truly localized and align to business goals of the market.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 7+ years of experience in community, operations, or program management
- Experience working on a global community across different cultures and languages
- Comfortable with ambiguity, quick to solve problems, and eager to collaborate on new initiatives
- Comfortable with data and reporting
- Strong operational and project management skills
- An eye for creative problem solving - you’re able to keep multiple initiatives organized, and are willing and eager to roll up your sleeves when needed
Nice to Haves:
- Experience launching new programs
- Experience with building online communities (Discord, Circle, Insided, etc.)
- Experience interacting directly with the community
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco or New York City, the estimated base salary range for this role is $140,000 - $170,000 per year.