We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role
Notion is an incredibly powerful set of building blocks that can be used to build nearly anything, from personal dashboards to all-in-one student setups to entire companies-in-a-box. Notion Templates are how users build and share these setups. Templates help both users and creators: users start on Notion with high quality setups and find new ways to use Notion, and creators make thousands of dollars and grow online brands for themselves. Some creators have found so much success building templates they quit their full-time jobs and earn their livings building and selling Notion templates.
Recently, we launched a revamped Notion Templates experience (notion.so/templates) that includes thousands of templates across hundreds of categories, featuring the work of hundreds of creators. We’re looking for someone to manage this new template marketplace and the community of creators behind it. Think: managing the Apple App Store in 2008.
As a part of the broader Templates + Community Content group at Notion, you will help both Notion users and creators. On the user side, you’ll grow the number of users consuming and signing up templates via content and editorial roadmaps, marketing campaigns, landing pages, and featured content. On the creator side, you’ll grow submission quality and quantity via community programs, submission guidelines, creator tools, as well as international outreach campaigns. Plus, you’ll also be responsible for all of Notion’s first-party templates, available at notion.so/@notion. Beyond this, you’ll also contribute directly to Notion’s product roadmap by channeling insights from template users and creators to enhance both sides.
You’ll report into Notion’s Product organization, and work closely with engineering, design, marketing, and sales. It’s a “swiss army knife” role that combines a broad combination of skills to build something awesome that is core to Notion’s mission and direction.
What You'll Achieve
- Grow the number of Notion users discovering and using templates
- Grow the number of 3rd-party creators building and submitting Notion templates
- Expand the use cases that Notion can successfully accommodate
- Manage notion.so/templates and the thousands of pieces of content available there
- Manage Notion’s template creator programs, communities, and awards
- Produce high-quality Notion first-party templates and content/editorial items to accompany
- Improve Notion’s core product via insights and improvements
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 0-6 years of work experience
- Scrappiness: willing to work to get things done, at times skewing outside normal job descriptions
- Good product/design instincts: can identify + build solutions to solve user problems
- Basic data skills: proficiency with SQL, basic analysis, etc.
- Strong written skills: can write clear, useful copy for template blog + landing pages
- Passionate fans of Notion: use it for personal, student, and/or work life
Nice to Haves
- Basic software engineering background: databases + programming 101
- People management: may hire and grow a team of folks to do this
- Have worked in growth on fast-growing products before
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in New York and San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $125,000 - $160,000 per year.