Account Manager Lead, EMEA
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
Notion is transitioning from ‘start-up’ to ‘scale-up’. The EMEA region currently accounts for a significant portion of our user base and global revenues. We are looking for an exceptional Revenue Leader to help scale our expansion sales motion in EMEA to the next level. Given the strong subscription and usage based revenue model, building out our sales program is a vital part of our long term growth strategy.
The Account Management team are responsible for working with Notion’s sales assisted customer base to sustain and grow revenue as a critical part of our land and expand sales motion. The AM team work closely with clients from to identify their needs. They also develop strategies to grow their client base and ensure that Notion is providing quality, cost-effective services.
What You'll Achieve:
- As the Account Management Lead you will work directly with the EMEA GM Leader in developing a strategy to drive new business from existing clients across scaled and dedicated programs via expansion and renewal motions.
- Partnering with regional leaders across Sales Strategy, Marketing, New Business Sales and Customer Success to co-create the ideal customer journey and build a robust renewals program.
- Partner with the New Business Sales and Customer Success teams to onboard new customers and honing our customer journey to set new customers up for longer term success with Notion.
- You will recruit, develop and lead a team of Account Managers, overseeing day-to-day activity while setting clear expectations and managing performance goals.
- You understand the importance of communication and collaboration in defining a customer-first mentality, and you will work closely with our Product, Marketing and Commercial Leadership teams to drive insight in to Ideal Customer Profile.
- Help build the foundations of Account Management at Notion: As an early member of our sales org, you'll be instrumental in helping define our sales assisted motions.
- Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We've hit profitability and over three million users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
- Meaningfully shape our future product: As you engage with customers, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with product to inform what we do next.
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 10x our size in less time — and there's so much more to do and learn.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You are inspired by our mission of making software tooling ubiquitous
- You have 8+ years experience as a sales/account management leader/manager
- Strong track record of achieving revenue targets across teams and individually
- Skilled in managing and coaching through the full account management cycle from contract renewals through strategic expansion strategies.
- You have experience working with Customer Success teams in designing post-sales strategy, process and programs to drive account adoption, utilisation, retention and growth
- You have strong recognised leadership skills with a focus on empowerment, positive-mindsets, collaboration and ability to inspire a team of direct reports
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of iteration of an early-stage startup
- You have a growth mindset and thrive in the building stage of a nascent team
- You view setbacks as learning opportunities, not failures
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- You have an analytical mindset and enjoy problem solving as part of a regional leadership team
- You have strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- You have a good understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
Nice to Haves:
- You've built renewal and expansion account management playbooks or processes
- You've been a first or early hire at a fast growing start up before
- Experience using Salesforce for accurate forecasting
- Experienced in hiring and training talent at scale
- Ability to function in a “Player/Coach” capacity as we scale EMEA GTM
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.