Sr. Frontend Engineer
Posted on Friday, December 3, 2021
NimbleRx is a technology company that enables people to live their best lives by improving access to reliable, affordable healthcare. Our mission is to bring pharmacies into the future by building a convenient and easy-to-use service that supports pharmacists and empowers patients. We are a fast-growing, technology-first startup doing over $1 billion in GMV annually, and our team stays rooted in a patient-first mentality; we aim to bring all of our patients convenient access to reasonably-priced medications without ever needing to step foot in a pharmacy.
As a Sr. Frontend Engineer, you will have a hand in architecting the technology and customer experience that are pivotal to multiple web products for patients, pharmacies, and other customers of NimbleRx (www.nimblerx.com). You will join a team of world-class, highly motivated software engineers who build for performance, reliability, and scalability. You will work closely with other developers, as well as with groups such as product management and design, to understand feature requirements and functional and technical use cases. With your colleagues, you will work to deliver high-quality code on time.
Our engineering culture: We operate with shared trust and no egos. We enjoy being "in this together" and collaborating on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business. We daily live out our company values of empathy, simplicity, autonomy, leadership, ownership, burning curiosity, bias for action, mentorship, and operate with context, not control, in a highly collaborative environment.
- Build a scalable platform and services that people love to use
- Take ownership of frontend features, from design to implementation and test to release
- Work with and influence engineering leadership to create a frontend technology roadmap
- Promote best practices and high-quality development techniques
- Tackle tough design and technical problems
- Enhance our systems' usability and performance; seek out improvements to our technology stack and daily practices
- Simplify the product at the system level; provide effective engineering support to all organizations and help improve our overall business performance
- Lead by example and be a role model; use innovative ideas to solve challenging problems
- Lead large-scale projects, accurately estimate the effort required, and delegate responsibilities to junior team members
- Take a leadership role in a broad set of engineering and cross-functional projects
- Mentor other team members
- Collaborate and coordinate with stakeholders from across the company; understand and anticipate customer needs
What you bring:
- 5+ years of strong frontend development experience, including customer-facing software solutions
- Rich development with React, ECMAScript standard, and more
- Experience developing scalable, maintainable, extensible, web-based applications
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Nice to have: experience with Java, Spring, and SQL / NoSQL Databases
- You value and take responsibility for the quality of your features; you test your own code and review your teammates' code while keeping stakeholders and leadership informed
- You are an innovator with good ideas, strong problem-solving abilities, and a results-oriented attitude
- You have the ability to build effective working relationships with peers, stakeholders, and leadership, and you have a passion for mentoring and coaching junior team members
- You have deep technical expertise that allows you to dive deep into the details and lead large scale projects
- You accurately estimate and proactively remove impediments for your team members
- You have a positive attitude and a data-driven approach to problem solving, and you influence others in an apolitical way
What's in it for you:
- Compassionate and driven colleagues in a fun environment where success is celebrated
- Accelerated career growth in a fast-growing company
- Coaching from experienced engineering leaders
- Direct access to executives and a transparent company culture
- Rare opportunity to change an industry and lives of millions
- We are reinventing healthcare / pharmacy - your (grand)parents and your (grand)children will understand and appreciate what you do
- Medical / Dental / Vision / 401K package that fits your needs
- Generous Vacation Policy - work hard and take time when you need it
- 11 Paid Holidays
At Nimble, we are dedicated to putting patients first and improving pharmacies across America. Join us on this exciting journey!
Diversity, inclusion and belonging at Nimble: Nimble is building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of diverse backgrounds, abilities and perspectives.