Business Development Manager, Pharmaceuticals
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
NimbleRx is a technology company that enables people to live their best lives by improving access to reliable, affordable healthcare. Our mission is to bring pharmacies into the future by building a convenient and easy-to-use service that supports pharmacists and empowers patients. We are a fast-growing, technology-first startup doing over $1 billion in GMV annually, and our team stays rooted in a patient-first mentality; we aim to bring all of our patients convenient access to reasonably-priced medications without ever needing to step foot in a pharmacy.
Nimble is looking for a Business Development Manager to manage and build partnerships with pharmaceutical clients and other ecosystem partners. The ideal candidate has 3-5+ years of experience in a consulting or business development role, and will succeed on a driven, fast-paced startup team. This person will report directly to our Sr. Business Development Manager, and will play a meaningful role as Nimble expands its footprint to achieve our next stage of growth.
As a Business Development Manager, you will:
- Manage existing partner relationships with pharmaceutical companies
- Analyze, develop and execute business development goals and action plans
- Research and identify opportunities to introduce Nimble and its mission to new potential partners
- Identify opportunities to introduce Nimble and its mission to new potential clients and to propose business deals and partnerships
- Develop quotes and proposals for partners
- Use exceptional negotiation skills to close high-stakes deals
- Drive analyses on business development opportunities and important strategic decisions
- QA and communicate reports on partnership program results
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking or strategy consulting plus 1-2+ years at a startup or pharmaceutical company
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA optional
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proactive attitude and ability to pivot with shifting priorities
- You balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- You are an explorer - having the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Experience utilizing SQL is a plus
What's in it for you:
- Rare opportunity to change an industry and lives of millions
- We are reinventing healthcare / pharmacy - your (grand)parents and your (grand)children will understand and appreciate what you do
- Medical / Dental / Vision / 401K package that fits your needs
- Generous Vacation Policy - work hard and take time when you need it
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Compassionate and driven colleagues in a fun environment where success is celebrated
At Nimble, we are dedicated to putting patients first and improving pharmacies across America. Join us on this exciting journey!
Diversity, inclusion and belonging at Nimble: Nimble is building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of diverse backgrounds, abilities and perspectives.