Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 3, 2022
NimbleRx is a technology company that enables people to live their best lives by improving access to reliable, affordable healthcare. Our mission is to bring pharmacies into the future by building a convenient and easy-to-use service that supports pharmacists and empowers patients. We are a fast-growing, technology-first startup doing over $1 billion in GMV annually, and our team stays rooted in a patient-first mentality; we aim to bring all of our patients convenient access to reasonably-priced medications without ever needing to step foot in a pharmacy.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead, grow, and coach a highly competent team of mission-driven engineers. Your team will directly contribute to product experiences for our customers, and help NimbleRx to accomplish its mission. Your contribution and performance will be evaluated based on quality and pace of your team's output.
Our engineering culture: We operate with shared trust and no egos. We enjoy being "in this together" and collaborating on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business. We daily live out our company values of empathy, simplicity, autonomy, leadership, ownership, burning curiosity, bias for action, mentorship and operate with context not control in a highly collaborative environment.
- Lead, grow, and coach a highly competent engineering team
- Take ownership of quality and pace of your team's output
- Lead by example and be a role model of our values: own process and outcome, be curious, be a leader
- Care for your engineers' career growth; develop and coach according to each engineer's passion and strength
- Collaborate and coordinate with stakeholders and teams across the company, and maximize your team's impact and influence
What you bring
- 10+ years experience as high-performance engineer, and 3+ experience as high-performance engineering manager
- Diverse experiences in multiple software development stacks, across web, mobile, server / infrastructure
- Demonstrated success in leading, growing, and coaching a small engineering team in face-paced environments
- Excellent communication skills
- You value and take ownership of quality and pace of your team's output
- You are passionate about the craft of building product
- You deeply care for your teammates and colleagues
- You are transparent, and always give direct and caring feedback
- You have the ability to make good decisions, and to resolve conflicts
- You care for engineering craft, and you are able to go hands-on and give technical feedback
What's in it for you:
- Compassionate and driven colleagues in a fun environment where success is celebrated
- Accelerated career growth in a fast-growing company
- Coaching from experienced engineering leaders
- Direct access to executives and a transparent company culture
- Rare opportunity to change an industry and lives of millions
- We are reinventing healthcare / pharmacy - your (grand)parents and your (grand)children will understand and appreciate what you do
- Medical / dental / vision / 401(k) package that fits your needs
- Generous vacation policy – work hard and take time when you need it
- 11 paid holidays
- $200,000/yr - $225,000/yr
At Nimble, we are dedicated to putting patients first and improving pharmacies across America. Join us on this exciting journey!
Diversity, inclusion and belonging at Nimble: Nimble is building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of diverse backgrounds, abilities and perspectives.