Senior QA Engineer
At Nayya, we believe there’s a better way to choose benefits. A more transparent, less confusing way for employees to control their health and financial potential. Powered by billions of data points and machine learning, our benefits experience platform delivers personalized decision support and guidance during open enrollment, new employee onboarding, qualifying life events, and in the moments that matter all year round. This is one of the most stressful and challenging situations consumers face – and we see that as an opportunity to build an innovative response that can help millions of Americans possess the control and understanding they deserve.
Engineers at Nayya build and maintain all parts of our stack, from user interfaces to backend services to data science pipelines and the infrastructure that runs them. At Nayya, you can have a tremendous impact by creating the best way for millions to choose and navigate their benefits through our software, data, and AI engine.
We have a ton of interesting problems to solve around scaling web applications, linking messy heterogeneous data sets, machine learning, NLP, distributed systems, data pipelines, data analytics and predictions, system reliability, security, privacy, and more.
We are looking for a Senior QA to join our software engineering team. The Senior QA will be responsible for managing all testing activities and establishing best practices for test planning, design, automation, and execution. As the founding member of our team, this is very much a hands-on role, initially working across two teams with the goal to grow as a leader across our entire stack.
The products we build at Nayya span multiple product spaces and markets and employ many technologies, from user interfaces to backend services to data science pipelines and the infrastructure that runs them. We have high standards for everything we do, and you will be a huge part of maintaining these standards across the organization.
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans and test cases for new features and product releases
- Work closely with product managers, software engineers, and designers to understand requirements and identify defects
- Design and implement test automation frameworks and scripts to support continuous integration and deployment
- Mentor and provide guidance to QA engineers
- Monitor test coverage, defect resolution and overall product quality
- Analyze software defects to identify possible causes and suggest improvements
- Generate detailed bug reports and ensure resolution
- Stay up-to-date with the latest QA methodologies and tools
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to set the direction for how QA is done at Nayya
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance and test automation
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools like Playwright, Selenium, Appium, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
The salary range for New York based candidates for this role is $109,000- $130,000. We use a location factor to adjust this range for candidates that are located outside of geographic region of our New York office. Placement within the salary band is determined based on experience.
Why Join Nayya?
- Be an early employee of a quickly growing, VC-backed start-up - grow with us!
- Have a meaningful impact on a platform that is scaling very rapidly
- Contribute to a values-based culture with an emphasis on empowerment and autonomy
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Benefits include: Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Nayya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics