Senior Data Scientist
At Nayya, we believe there’s a better way to choose benefits. A more transparent, less confusing way for employees to control their health and financial potential. Powered by billions of data points and machine learning, our benefits experience platform delivers personalized decision support and guidance during open enrollment, new employee onboarding, qualifying life events, and in the moments that matter all year round. This is one of the most stressful and challenging situations consumers face – and we see that as an opportunity to build an innovative response that can help millions of Americans possess the control and understanding they deserve.
About the Role:
At Nayya we are redefining the way businesses leverage data for decision-making and strategy. We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is not only passionate about data but also adept at transforming complex, unstructured data sets into actionable insights. In this role, you will work closely with stakeholders to define business requirements, design and implement advanced machine learning systems like recommenders and Natural Language Processing (NLP) models, and take ownership of deploying models into production.
- Develop and maintain state-of-the-art machine learning systems, with a focus on recommender systems and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP), to enhance user experience, operational efficiency, and risk management.
- Establish rigorous evaluation metrics for AI models and iterate on existing models to improve performance continuously.
- Deploy AI solutions in real-world applications, ensuring seamless integration with existing systems
- Monitor and maintain deployed models to ensure ongoing performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Operations) to understand business requirements and integrate data science insights into our platforms and workflows.
- Continuously explore new data science methodologies and technologies to keep our capabilities cutting-edge.
- 5+ years of experience developing and deploying scalable machine learning solutions, with a focus on recommender systems or NLP
- Strong proficiency in Python, with a strong grasp of machine learning libraries and tools (e.g., TensorFlow, Pytorch and/or sklearn)
- Knowledge of best practices for monitoring, logging, and maintaining deployed AI systems in production
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently on complex tasks.
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS), containerization technologies (Docker), and orchestration tools (Kubernetes) is a plus
- Proven expertise in Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG) through Large Language Models (LLMs) is a plus
The salary range for New York based candidates for this role is $130,000- $160,000. We use a location factor to adjust this range for candidates that are located outside of geographic region of our New York office. Placement within the salary band is determined based on experience.
Why Join Nayya?
- Be an early employee of a quickly growing, VC-backed start-up - grow with us!
- Have a meaningful impact on a platform that is scaling very rapidly
- Contribute to a values-based culture with an emphasis on empowerment and autonomy
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Benefits include: Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Nayya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics