At Nayya, we believe there’s a better way to choose benefits. A more transparent, less confusing way for employees to control their health and financial potential. Powered by billions of data points and machine learning, our benefits experience platform delivers personalized decision support and guidance during open enrollment, new employee onboarding, qualifying life events, and in the moments that matter all year round. This is one of the most stressful and challenging situations consumers face – and we see that as an opportunity to build an innovative response that can help millions of Americans possess the control and understanding they deserve.
Engineers at Nayya build and maintain all parts of our stack, from user interfaces to backend services to data science pipelines and the infrastructure that runs them. At Nayya, you can have a tremendous impact by creating the best way for millions to choose and navigate their benefits through our software, data, and AI engine.
Our Principal Software Engineers are spearheading our platform architecture and development - with challenges ranging from platform stability and scalability, building robust and scalable data pipelines, and utilizing advanced AI technologies to gain value and insights from our data.
What we're looking for in this role:
- You have experience working cross-functionally, across multiple engineering teams to drive company-wide initiatives.
- You have experience building proven highly scalable systems.
- You are very comfortable working with data. You understand the complexity of handling data at scale.
- You are able to break down ambiguous challenges and communicate thoughtful solutions to a highly technical engineering team.
- You have the ability to make clear trade-offs between moving quickly in the near term and building towards scalability in the longer term.
- You enjoy working in, and strive to implement mechanisms to drive high-velocity, highly functioning engineering teams.
- You care deeply about implementing best practices to establish trust and reliability within our technical stack, because you understand the weight and responsibility of being the data infrastructure for our customers.
- You are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and working on hard, ambiguous problems.
- You value mentoring and coaching, and see that as a core part of your role as an engineering leader.
- Experience working with cloud technologies, preferably AWS.
- Ruby and/or Python experience is a nice to have but not a must.
- React experience is a nice to have but not a must.
- Be a technical leader within our engineering organization, and a key driver of engineering excellence across the organization.
- Architect, drive, and build high-impact projects across the organization by balancing between individual contribution and by leading others.
- Mentor and guide engineers, both junior and senior level, to make sure we are building the foundation of our next generation of leaders.
- Communicate and collaborate with departments outside of engineering such as product, the customer team, and go-to-market on high impact initiatives.
- Participate and drive communication loops within engineering such as technical specs, code reviews, and technical grooming sessions.
The salary range for New York based candidates for this role is $170,000-$225,000. We use a location factor to adjust this range for candidates that are located outside of geographic region of our New York office. Placement within the salary band is determined based on experience.
Why Join Nayya?
- Be an early employee of a quickly growing, VC-backed start-up - grow with us!
- Have a meaningful impact on a platform that is scaling very rapidly
- Contribute to a values-based culture with an emphasis on empowerment and autonomy
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Benefits include: Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Nayya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics