Staff Backend Engineer (Node/Typescript) | Berlin or Europe remote
we at n8n (https://n8n.io/) are building a powerful, scalable, and source code available workflow automation platform.
this is our GitHub repository: https://github.com/n8n-io/n8n
Is this a codebase that you would like to improve?
Is this a project you would like to be part of?
We want someone who gets excited by:
- Reducing technical debt
- Optimization & Performance
- Developer experience
- Deep work and freedom to choose what to improve
You will not like this role if you:
- Want to work on new features (focus on improving what already exists)
- Like to have a PM that gives guidance on what to work on (no PM, no scrum meetings, no user stories)
- Want to work in a larger team (while we are around 20 engineers at n8n, you will mainly work with one other engineer)
- Typescript and Node.js expert
- Biased for action and a self-started
- Ultimate autonomy and freedom to do deep work
- Spending your time on technically challenging tasks
- Transparency. We all know what everyone’s working on, how’s the company doing
- A passionate team who loves the product we are building
- We're big fans of open source, and you'll get $100 per month to give to projects you care about
- Being fair is really important to us. Equity? Of course we give you equity
This role can be done from anywhere within Europe. We can sponsor visas to Germany; for any other country, you need to have existing right to work. Our company language is English.
n8n is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.