Provider Experience Associate
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
Join a mission-driven Provider Experience team that is focused on building an exceptional experience for our providers. The ideal candidate thrives in an environment where they are able to both help individual providers and build our operational processes that will enable the function to continue to scale. If you're someone who is empathetic, curious, and comfortable working across and building multiple systems in a rapidly changing environment, you should join us!
What You’ll Do-
- Respond to provider queries in a timely and accurate way via ZenDesk, ensuring they are set up for success so they can deliver quality care to our members
- Identify provider needs and enable providers to use specific proprietary provider tools
- Analyze and report on product errors (for example, by testing different scenarios or reproducing the provider experience)
- Update our internal databases with information about both member and provider accounts, technical issues, and escalations
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Play a central role in managing and supporting our active provider network to deliver an exceptional provider experience
- Develop a deep understanding of the Modern Health provider journey and the various support touch points along the way
- Create, maintain, and improve on our tools, systems, and documentation related to provider support
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify process improvement opportunities
- Complete process improvement projects as needed
Who You Are-
- 1-2 years experience as a support agent or similar support role at a technology or healthcare company (startups are a plus)
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools
- Exposure to and understanding of how database systems work
- Demonstrated excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities
- Patience when handling escalations and/or complex cases
- Structured thinker and a solution-oriented problem solver who has excellent organizational skills and loves checking things off your to-do list
- Comfortable working across multiple technical systems and troubleshooting issues as needed
- Takes initiative and likes to build things from scratch with little direction
- Works well with different kinds of people and is great at building relationships, identifying group pain points, and improving them
- Patient and composed when handling escalations and/or complex cases
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment, continuously learn, and successfully manage projects with a sense of urgency
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (Modern Health offers 100% coverage for employees and 75% of dependent insurance premiums)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.