Manager, Client Success (Mid Market and SMB)
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
We're looking for a customer-centric Manager to lead and manage a team of top performing SMB and Mid-Market Client Success Managers. Our SMB and Mid-Market Client Success team has a portfolio of mid-market and small enterprise customers.
In this role, you will operate with a high level of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment, navigating change as the business evolves with each new iteration of this growing product offering. You will be an important player in setting the tone for the Client Success function to ensure that Modern Health can effectively support our customers and maximize engagement through our product offerings. This is a highly visible role that requires comfort in reporting to senior leadership on key business objectives and outlining requirements/needs to achieve these, while also working with cross-functional leaders across Modern Health to ensure success. If you’re excited to positively impact the lives of millions, join us!
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and develop a team of high-performing SMB and Mid-Market Client Success Managers
- Spearhead and innovate on Modern Health’s 1:many customer experience
- Be Modern Health’s expert on digital customer engagement activities
- Deliver high-quality customer experience to new and existing customers
- Build a creative an innovative culture
- Own your team's metrics and drive the plan to attain and exceed them
- Determine renewal strategy including forecasting for your entire BoB
- Act as an escalation point for your teammates and customers
- Build strategic relationships with CXOs and other decision makers and position yourself as a trusted advisor to customers
- Maximize employee engagement and skills development within their teams
- Improve platform and services adoption rate and minimize customer and revenue churn
- Demonstrate business outcomes and ROI for our customers and their stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders in Sales, Product, Marketing and Operations
- Share trends and best practices throughout the organization
- Identify and take action on bottlenecks and areas of improvement within customer success teams
- Ensure Modern Health values are built deep into your team
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience working in Customer Success related role, preferably at a SaaS company
- 2+ years management experience owning both individual and shared goals
- Previous experience building digital customer experiences
- Experience supporting 1:many
- Previous healthcare experience is preferred
- Experience in a commercial role account management or quota-carrying individual
- High EQ and natural interpersonal skills. A connector and expert communicator who will ‘close the distance’ between Customer Success, our customers and internal stakeholders
- You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team. Coaching others and seeing them achieve their goals gives you energy.
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with medium and large businesses and/or tech preferred
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Experience using Salesforce, Gainsight, Looker, Google suite and Slack for business purposes
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Generous Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.