Client Success Associate (Mid Market and SMB)
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
Day to day, you’ll help to launch our SMB customers and ensure that they get to hit time to value (TTV) moments before placing them into a pooled customer engagement model. You will be part of the team that drives product adoption, client retention and growth. You will become a Modern Health product expert, strategic consultant, and mental health champion. You will work with internal teams (marketing, product, operations, sales, etc) to continually improve the functionality and benefits of the platform.
Ideal candidates have prior experience in an SMB or operational role and are comfortable analyzing data to make strategic and consultative recommendations. We're looking for someone who is excited to positively impact the lives of millions in a high impact role. This role will report into the Senior Manager of Client Success (SMB).
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Work with new Modern Health customers to launch their Modern Health benefit and platform
- Ensure customers have sufficient registration and engagement metrics
- Drive meaningful 1:Many engagements for customers
- Monitor and escalate customer health based on data driven metrics
- Use customer data to identify risk and opportunity in accounts
- Answer customer requests and questions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Operations, Sales, and Clinical Care to advocate for clients and drive successful adoption of Modern Health
- Prepare and facilitate business reviews annually
- Lead customer office hours to have 1:1 engagements with customers
- Special projects to support the success and growth of our portfolio
Who You Are
- 2+ years in a client-facing role
- Previous HR, benefits or healthcare experience is a plus
- Experience working with cross-functional groups and senior stakeholders across Client Success, Sales, Operations, Finance, Tech, Marketing, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and listening skills
- Comfortable using data to provide insights and make actionable recommendations
- Excitement for tackling and building processes around new challenges: you enjoy problem-solving, have a keen attention to detail, and are motivated to drive ongoing team improvement
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and a self-starter mentality
- A sincere interest in and empathy for your clients and co-workers
- Passion for our mission and understanding of the healthcare/benefits space
- Intellectually curious and a fast learner
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Generous Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.