Lifecycle Marketing Specialist
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
We're seeking a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to help drive user engagement of the Modern Health platform. This vital marketing role will build notification and email programs to onboard, activate, and engage, and retain users at a large scale. You’ll also work cross-functionally with our product and analytics team to understand the customer lifecycle and maximize engagement in an authentic way.
This role is marketing to our end users, so the ideal candidate is someone who is user-obsessed and can drive meaningful engagement with the Modern Health app. The ideal candidate is also someone who is a hands-on operator and has familiarity with a fast-paced startup environment.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Build new lifecycle marketing strategies that increase adoption and engagement
- Build strategies that touch B2B and B2C customers at key engagement and retention touchpoints
- Develop, execute, and reiterate experiments across mobile, in-product, and email messaging while looking for improvements for engagement each step of the customer lifecycle
- Create meaningful user experiences across campaigns and the user experience by partnering with our analytics and product teams
- Extract learnings from experiments to inform other Customer and User roadmap initiatives
- Communicate the results of your experiments widely across the org to inform Customer Success, Sales, Partnerships, Product, and other functions on what drives engagement and retention
Who You Are
- 2+ years in marketing with at least 1 year in a cross-channel CRM role (mobile, email, in-app) for large user customer base
- A curiosity for experimentation and building new programs from scratch
- Experience running A/B tests and using data & customer insights
- Experience using Iterable to build and track campaign metrics
- Strong attention to detail and passion for working in a fast-paced environment
- An analytical thinker who is comfortable measuring campaign performance and identifying new areas of opportunity with existing data
- A passion for mental health / wellness
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Generous Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.