Senior Product Manager
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
In this role you’ll be a key part of our product management team and a partner to the entire Modern Health tech team as a product leader on the blended care and measurement team. This team is responsible for ensuring all members get the right level of care and that we are measuring the impact that Modern Health has on their well-being.
In an environment where we are increasingly connected to technology, at higher risk for depression, and lonelier than ever, our mission is to create a world where people are happier and more resilient to the stress and struggles of everyday life. We’re looking for an experienced product leader to help us realize this mission and build the leading global mental health solution.
You will be responsible for driving the execution of our near term goals but more importantly, helping to set the strategic vision of how we support the highest acuity members with excellent care. We are looking for an excellent leader who is highly analytical, has strong product sense for what makes a consumer-grade product great, thrives at building relationships and rallying teams, is user-focused and design savvy, and who is ultimately motivated to positively impact the lives of thousands of people. If you are looking for a big opportunity at a high-growth organization while making a positive impact alongside a talented team of professionals -- you are a perfect fit for Modern Health.
This role reports to the Director of Product. While this is a permanently remote opportunity, there are multiple chances per year to get together with teammates to collaborate in-person. This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Vision and strategy: Create the roadmap and vision for the products responsible for onboarding, crisis support, outcomes measurement, and provider matching algorithms
- Cross-functional collaboration: Partner cross-functionally with departments like clinical strategy, customer success, partnerships, and sales to ensure Modern Health users have a best-in-class onboarding and care experience
- Execute successfully: Partner with engineering and design to build a strong operating model to execute on complex products and projects
- Analyze data & understand user behavior: Inform and drive key decisions with data-informed insights and UX research
- Drive experimentation: Create data-informed hypotheses to drive member onboarding and retention through thoughtful experimentation and A/B testing; share insights from experiment outcomes and communicate them to the broader team
Who You Are
- 4+ years experience as a Product Manager
- Experience working on digital products related to well-being, health, or other related fields
- Experience translating user research insight into product changes
- Expertise in experimentation and roadmapping including modeling impact, muti-variate testing, and driving activation and retention at scale
- Analytical thinker who can conduct hypothesis-based testing with rapid iterations
- Can plan and organize work in close collaboration with a team of engineers, product designers, data scientists
- Passionate about building products that make a positive impact
- Enjoys hands-on execution and strategic thought leadership
- Adept at building, measuring and reporting against fundamental business metrics like retention
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills at all levels of organization and customers, including the ability to distill complex concepts for a non-technical audience
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Flexible Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.