Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2021
We're expanding our Engineering team and are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with solid experience in building data-intensive applications. This engineer will design and help to develop our most advanced backend and data apps and will lead the backend strategy at MadKudu for the years to come. We're looking for someone passionate, smart, and creative who's above all not afraid of technical challenges!
If this sounds like you, then apply today! We can't wait to get to know you!
Why this mission is very important
Our platform informs go-to-market decisions at 100 companies, we influence how businesses spend millions of marketing and sales budgets. This mission matters to MadKudu but more importantly to all its customers!
What does Engineering at MadKudu look like?
We're growing fast but we're still a human-sized company (50 people) which means you're joining a rocket ship right before liftoff ⚡️We're across two continents and countries but the Engineering Team is located in Paris. Joining the team, you'll have the opportunity to grow alongside your colleagues and learn new things every single day.
We've built our application using Node.js, Python and AWS services and are constantly improving our stack to match our needs. We're big proponents of technology choices that maximize ownership, flexibility, and asynchronous work (continuous delivery, microservices, infrastructure-as-code).
We're working with some amazing customers, including some that you probably already know as an engineer: MongoDB, LucidChart, etc.
Responsibilities & activities
- Own MadKudu’s core data platform: share the vision, lead the implementation of new technologies and the design and development of new features, help other engineers to grow
- Nurture technological watch
- Support the projects and efforts that have the strongest strategic value
- Improves the other engineers, serves as an official MadKudu mentor
- Communicate outside the company and publicly represent company culture and values
Skills that will help crush it in this position
- Strong knowledge of Data Engineering (data modelling and processing, streaming, queues, databases, ETLs, etc.), applied in professional and challenging environments
- Significant knowledge of the “Modern Data Stack”
- Passion for infra, systems and production topics (monitoring, automation, deployment on AWS, CI/CD, etc.)
- Great ability to lead and mentor
- Deep empathy for users
- Experience working with startups, particularly in SaaS
- Experience deploying and monitoring production applications to AWS
- Experience with Apache Airflow
Founded in 2015, MadKudu is focused on tackling one of the hardest challenges facing businesses today: relevance at scale. Today we help marketing & sales teams at B2B companies make the best decisions at every phase of the customer journey - smart forms that dynamically re-route high-potential leads to a 'fast lane,' real-time lead scoring to help prioritize the 20% of leads that generate 80% of revenue, and topical enrichment for outbound teams so they can focus on what they do best: helping companies who need their product get it faster.
Founders Sam Levan (CEO) & Francis Brero (CRO) have over 25 years of combined experience in the predictive analytics space, and are combining machine learning and an innovative methodology to help SaaS companies make the best decisions at every step of the customer funnel.
MadKudu is based in Mountain View, California & Paris, France - two places known for brilliant engineers, delicious wine and a love for the outdoors. We raise our Series A of $18 million last year, led by Felicis with participation from BGV, Alven, HarbourVest, Techstars and notable GTM and PLG experts like Elena Verna, former CMO at Miro, Darius Contractor, CPO at Vendr, or Sahil Mansuri, CEO of Bravado.