Director, Deal Desk
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health:
The Deal Desk is a critical strategic and operational function within our GTM Strategy & Operations team. This role will lead the Deal Desk team which is responsible to 1) Lead the strategic direction and execution of deals 2) Streamline and automate the process for deal approvals, thresholds and rules, approver roles and responsibilities, approval routing and workflow design, automated exception alerting, and communications 3) Partner with teams to determine and build out pricing and discount constructs for our products and services 4) Assess ROI on deals and make recommendations on deal structure and which deals Komodo agrees to 5) Develop, nurture, and reinforce partnerships across our Sales, Sales Engineering, Legal, and Finance teams.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have accomplished…
- Supported the day-to-day operations of our deal desk and independently shepherded deals through the sales cycle
- Develop trust based relationships with key functional partners and sales leadership
- Become a subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, approval policies, and troubleshooting of deal issues and sales escalations
- Define an approach and process to assess deal ROI
- Formulaized internal and sales-facing operational procedures to enable fast and efficient dealmaking
- Developed an in-depth understanding our offerings and recommended contract structures
What you bring to Komodo Health (required):
- 8+ years of successfully supporting and managing a Deals Desk/Business Desk function in the SaaS industry
- Knowledge and skills typically associated with leading a Deals Desk/Business Desk including, structuring, and pricing in SaaS organizations
- Effective communication skills with the upper management, and other internal functions
- Proven success partnering with Go-To-Market and Legal Teams and other cross-functional departments
- Strategic mindset that can see the larger picture
- Ownership mentality
- Highly organized, customer-focused, innovative, and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize at times of high volume during the end of the month and quarter
- Ability to successfully manage conflicting viewpoints professionally and respectfully, all while providing solutions
Compensation at Komodo Health
The pay range for each job posting reflects a minimum and maximum range of pay across all U.S. locations and may span more than one career level. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including job-related skills, work experience, geographic work location, relevant training and certifications, business needs and market demands.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, and multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.