Research Data Analyst
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
This role is critical to designing and implementing data processing and analysis programming pipelines for Life Science/HEOR/RWE research studies utilizing the Komodo Healthcare Map.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Develop programming pipeline to perform large-scale data extraction, transformation, and validations to facilitate high-quality HEOR/RWE studies using SQL
- Implement and execute analytic plans for observational research studies using Komodo data
- Perform complex statistical modeling in a programming language such as R/Python/SAS
- Take ownership of the analysis pipeline to generate results, and ensure that results align with study objectives and statistical approaches in the research protocol
- Present interim and final results internally for review by stakeholders, incorporate feedback to the analysis pipeline and iterate on analytic plans as needed.
- Create final deliverables in industry standard to share with external clients
- Design and implement standardized programs for reproducible research
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Background in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Public Health, Epidemiology, or other relevant disciplines
- Experience working with large-scale databases using SQL (data query, data cleaning, data transformation)
- Experience working with a large healthcare database (preferably administrative claims or EHR)
- Experience working in a research team collaborating with subject-matter experts on epidemiological research studies
- Basic understanding of concepts used in epidemiological study design
- Experience performing statistical analysis (descriptive analytics, regression, hypothesis testing, and visualization)
- Proficient in implementing statistical methods in programming languages such as R/Python/SAS
- Willingness to learn new tools and methods in order to deliver best-in-class results
Nice to have:
- Advanced SQL skills, familiar with frameworks such as dbt
- Familiar with standard programming practices such as version control and git
- Extensive knowledge of epidemiological study design
- Advanced knowledge in statistical modeling in the healthcare research area: PSM, KM, Cox model
- Experience working with the healthcare system
- Published manuscripts using claims data
- Experience with other programming languages
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, and multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.