Sr. Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (Business Partnership)
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
The Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will lead our FP&A Business Partnership team in a time of rapid maturation for the business. This role will lead a highly-performant, mission-oriented team to build best-in-class planning, investment, and reporting processes.This role will be heavily leadership-facing and be responsible for the development of Komodo's financial planning process, driving rigorous execution of short and long-range strategic plans, optimizing key performance indicators, maximizing ROI, and shaping the P&L.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have:
- Continued to build a comprehensive budgeting and planning process that balances both rigor and flexibility
- Combined industry standard approaches and creative new ways to analyze data that can drive long-term, sustainable growth for the business
- Consolidated, reconciled, and analyzed a variety of data sets and translated insights into meaningful reporting and dashboards
- Built a deep understanding of cross functional KPIs and their correlation to moving the needle on Komodo’s success
- Guided the FP&A Business Partner team to deliver detailed budget reporting and financial analysis to function leaders that enabled strategic prioritization and optimized resource allocation
- Built relationships of trust, influence, and partnership with our C-level function heads and their leadership teams
- Played a key role in strategic initiatives and special projects (e.g. M&A, new product launches, etc.) across the business by conducting financial due diligence, valuation assessments, and capital allocation decision support.
- Partnered with our Accounting, Investor Relations, and Legal teams to help the company become IPO-ready; built public-ready FP&A processes and practices
- Provided mission-driven leadership and thoughtful coaching to the financial planning and analysis team
What you bring to Komodo:
- Experience building, leading, and coaching a high-functioning Financial Planning and Analysis team
- Public company experience through multiple planning and reporting cycles and/or prior experience as a key member of an IPO process
- Deep understanding of US GAAP accounting principles and SOX controls
- Knowledge of B2B SaaS revenue models (ARR, NRR, Services) and ASC 606 / Revenue Recognition Standard
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, macros) with prior experience building financial models
- Ability to present complex financial information in a digestible manner to non-finance audiences
- Strong hands-on analysis chops, with the ability to dive deep into models and data
- Proven track record of engaging with C-level leadership, providing thought partnership, and driving accountability
- Business-oriented thinker, with natural inclination toward forming independent views on prioritization and problem solving alternative paths
- Natural orientation toward project management, process design, and detail orientation
- Outstanding communications skills across all mediums; ability to distill complex issues into key drivers and levers
- Service-oriented; not above rolling up your sleeves to dive in anywhere necessary
Compensation at Komodo Health
We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all roles at Komodo Health. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including your skills, experience, and location while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.