Product Design Specialist (Content Team/Physical Product)
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service. We design and deliver awesome hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront and content platform. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station. Currently, we work a hybrid schedule of Tuesday and Wednesday in-office and remote work the rest of the week.
This role may require more than 2 days per week in the office.
KiwiCo is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Product Design Specialist (Content) to join our Content team and help us develop compelling edutainment for kids and families. The successful candidate combines hands-on engineering and design skills with the ability to bring complex topics to life in a way that’s exciting, entertaining, and fun.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek collaborative team players with infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace.
- Ideation, brainstorming, and research into a wide range of topics spanning themes across science, engineering, math, and more.
- Prototyping, pitching, refining, testing, and preparing hands-on experiments, activities, and builds for filming.
- Hosting videos and recording VO, as well as working with other hosts.
- Supporting videographer/editor and producer in storyboarding, planning shoots, assisting shoots, and delivering post-production assets.
- Strong prototyping skills. You’re a maker at heart and love getting creative with your hands. You are proficient with a range of making tools such as laser cutting, 3D printing, hand building, and others.
- A strong background in a STEM field, with a solid grounding in basic principles of physics. You can tackle research into a wide range of topics with a clear understanding of how to support your own understanding with expert input.
- Passionate about kids, creativity, and play. You love kids and the power of hands-on learning and exploration for all ages, and you’re passionate about educational and entertaining content that sparks curiosity and engagement.
- A passion for creating and presenting STEM educational content. You’re passionate about STEM education and you know how to engage a young audience.
- Time management skills and ability to multitask. You will be responsible for prioritizing, organizing, and supporting multiple projects. Effective time management is a must.
- Collaboration & communication skills. We work closely with our Creative, Marketing, and Products teams. You have exceptional communication skills that allow fluid cross-functional team discussions, projects, and collaborations. A true team player.
- Always learning. We enthusiastically dive into the unknown. You are someone who loves to learn, grow, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Experience teaching STEM concepts to a young audience, either in person or through video.
- Experience in creating online video content.
- Experience working on a collaborative creative team.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in KiwiCo and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team. With your application, please also submit a portfolio of products, publications, or other content you’ve worked on with specifics as to your role in their creation. If you’re unable to link to or include a sample of a piece, please provide the title, publication information, and a brief description. Applications without portfolios will not be considered. Please note that this role is not eligible for full-time remote work.