Sales & Business Development
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn.
KiwiCo Education is a division within KiwiCo with a mission to ignite a love for learning through hands-on STEAM enrichment implemented in schools and educational programs nationwide. KiwiCo Education operates like a startup and is the fastest-growing segment within the company. We are excited to welcome entrepreneurial-minded people who are excited about building a business from the ground up, as well as partnering with educators to make STEAM available and accessible across different learning environments.
Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Currently, we work a hybrid schedule of Tuesday and Wednesday in-office and remote work the rest of the week.
Role & Responsibilities
KiwiCo is looking for an ambitious and self-motivated Account Executive to join a highly collaborative sales team focused on driving medium-to-large Educational account sales across the full range of the KiwiCo product portfolio. The Account Executive will be primarily responsible for growing the customer base through establishing new customer accounts with outbound sales motions.
The Account Executive will be compensated with a base salary and incentives tied to sales targets.
- Build and refine the outbound sales process that provides a great experience for potential customers across our core segments
- Advise and guide potential customers to the right products and solutions based on their unique needs and deliver accurate quotes and pricing within company guidelines and approvals
- Target, prospect and close new businesses, building and maintaining a sales pipeline to deliver on sales targets
- Represent KiwiCo at Educational conferences, showcasing and demonstrating how KiwiCo STEM kits can be applied seamlessly in the classroom
- Deliver weekly internal sales and pipeline reports to management
- Collaborate with business unit partners to expand our educational offering including
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years in a sales and/or sales development role; Educational Sales experience is a plus
- Experience with CRM or customer management tools (Salesforce, Oracle/NetSuite, or similar)
- Proactive and self-motivated with a high bias for action and drive to crush targets
- Demonstrated ability to develop and close new business
- Passionate about customer empathy - ability to listen to and understand customer needs and creatively address them with solutions that exceed customer expectations
- Effective and engaging written and verbal communication skills with both external customers and internal partners
- Excellent organizational and time management skills -- detail-oriented and meticulous about documenting and following up on customer interactions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal partners and within the sales team – we are a highly collaborative sales team
- Entrepreneurial: comfortable with ambiguity, enjoys building and improving new processes, and thrives in a fast-paced environment -- start-up experience a plus
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category. For the health and safety of our employees, proof of Covid -19 vaccination will be required for all employees who will be at KiwiCo Mountain View. KiwiCo will make reasonable accommodations to this policy for sincerely held religious beliefs and medical reasons on a case-by-case basis. This will not impact the consideration of your candidacy.