Principal Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
Kandji is the Apple Device Management and Security Platform. Kandji empowers companies to manage and secure Apple devices in the enterprise and at scale. By centrally securing and managing Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV devices, IT and InfoSec teams can save countless hours of manual, repetitive work with features like one-click compliance templates and more than 150 pre-built automations, apps, and workflows.
Device Harmony is our vision for tearing down the wall between IT and InfoSec to keep every Apple user secure and productive, using connected intelligence and automation. By choosing a career with Kandji, you will play an integral role in contributing to making our vision a reality. Backed by world-class investors such as Tiger Global, Greycroft, B Capital Group, Okta Ventures, the Spruce House Partnership, and First Round Capital, Kandji has raised over $100+M in capital to date.
Trusted by industry leaders, Kandji’s rapidly growing customer base includes companies like Ramp, Notion, Attentive, Netskope, Noom, Turo, Groupon, VoxMedia, and more.
Recognized for its award-winning products, Kandji was recently named the #1 fastest-growing app in Okta’s 2023 Businesses at Work Report and a G2 Best Software 2023 Award Winner for Fastest Growing Products!
As a Data Scientist at Kandji, your research will advance our core MDM and EDR products by leveraging machine learning techniques to enable automatic threat detection. You will be a critical part of our R&D organization, collaborating with the Threat Intelligence and Data Engineering teams to deliver innovative solutions to the Product organization.
How you will make a difference day to day:
- Provide technical leadership in developing and implementing machine learning models with a focus on models related to Cyber Security and Software Threats.
- Apply statistical analysis and visualization techniques to various datasets, generating actionable insights and solutions.
- Collaborate with the Data Team to ensure that insights make it back into core tables and dashboards.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and decision-makers to align data science projects with business objectives.
- Implement algorithms to enhance threat detection capabilities and improve system security.
- Innovate and implement novel, effective ways to use our data, including creating predictive algorithms.
- Mentor junior data scientists, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Required to work on-site 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). Managers may require additional on-site days.
- 8+ years of practical experience in data science roles, with a focus on software security and threat detection preferred.
- A proven track record of getting machine learning models into production.
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and statistical modeling; proficiency in Python and SQL is essential.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to translate complex findings into a compelling narrative.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity concepts and trends.
These requirements are for the strongest, ideal candidate. Even if you do not outperform every bullet point, Kandji encourages you to apply. We promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and recognize that even the strongest candidates won’t have all desired experiences and qualifications.
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with a 4% company match
• 20 days PTO
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 health and wellness days per year
• Kandji Wellness Week Off July 1 - July 5, 2024
• Equity for full-time employees
• 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.