Manager, Security Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Kandji is the Apple Device Management and Security Platform. Kandji empowers companies to manage and secure Apple devices in the enterprise and at scale. By centrally securing and managing Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV devices, IT and InfoSec teams can save countless hours of manual, repetitive work with features like one-click compliance templates and more than 150 pre-built automations, apps, and workflows.
Device Harmony is our vision for tearing down the wall between IT and InfoSec to keep every Apple user secure and productive, using connected intelligence and automation. By choosing a career with Kandji, you will play an integral role in contributing to making our vision a reality. Backed by world-class investors such as Tiger Global, Greycroft, B Capital Group, Okta Ventures, the Spruce House Partnership, and First Round Capital, Kandji has raised over $100+M in capital to date.
Trusted by industry leaders, Kandji’s rapidly growing customer base includes companies like Ramp, Notion, Attentive, Netskope, Noom, Turo, Groupon, VoxMedia, and more.
Recognized for its award-winning products, Kandji was recently named the #1 fastest-growing app in Okta’s 2023 Businesses at Work Report and a G2 Best Software 2023 Award Winner for Fastest Growing Products!
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Manager of Security Engineering to join our growing Security and Trust organization. As the Manager of Security Engineering, you will be responsible for leading and overseeing the design, implementation, and maintenance of robust security solutions within platform, data, and engineering environments. Your primary focus will be on protecting Kandji's infrastructure, applications, and data, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our systems.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess extensive experience in security engineering and architecture, particularly in cloud-native environments. Strong knowledge of cloud platforms, security frameworks, and standards is essential. Excellent leadership and communication skills are required to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and mentor security engineering professionals.
How you will make a difference
- Develop and execute a comprehensive security strategy aligned with the Kandji’s goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic guidance and technical expertise to senior leadership and cross-functional teams on security best practices, industry trends, and emerging threats.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and implement security policies, standards, and procedures that align with regulatory compliance requirements.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of robust security architectures for cloud-native systems, ensuring scalability, resilience, and efficiency.
- Conduct regular security assessments, threat modeling, and risk analysis to identify vulnerabilities and recommend appropriate mitigations.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security technologies, tools, and frameworks to continuously enhance the company's security posture.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the security engineering team, promoting professional development and knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate with Platform and IT teams to integrate security controls into the continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Coordinate and lead incident response activities during security events, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing corrective actions to prevent future incidents.
- Conduct regular security audits, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities in cloud-native systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement risk mitigation strategies and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Build and lead a high-performing security engineering team, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture, promoting knowledge sharing, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software development, infrastructure, and compliance, to ensure security is integrated into all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders, customers, and external partners to drive security initiatives and address security concerns.
Leadership and Strategy:
Security Architecture and Engineering:
Incident Response and Risk Management:
Team Management and Collaboration:
Required to work on-site 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). Managers may require additional on-site days.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information security, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in security engineering and architecture, preferably in a cloud-native environment.
- 3-5 years experience managing a team of security engineers in a cloud-native environment.
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and associated security controls.
- In-depth understanding of security frameworks, standards, and regulations (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001, GDPR).Proven experience with incident response, vulnerability management, and risk assessment methodologies.
- Excellent leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Proficiency in security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, CIS, OWASP) and their application in cloud environments.
- Demonstrated experience in threat modeling, risk assessment, and vulnerability management.
- Hands-on experience with security tools and technologies, such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, WAF, DLP, and vulnerability scanners.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Professional certifications in information security (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CCSP) are highly desirable.
- Values Differences
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
- Builds Relationships
- Building Talent
- Drives Results
- Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Leading Teams
These requirements are for the strongest, ideal candidate. Even if you do not outperform every bullet point, Kandji encourages you to apply. We promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and recognize that even the strongest candidates won’t have all desired experiences and qualifications.
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with a 4% company match
• 20 days PTO
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 health and wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.