Principal Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 1, 2022
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As a Principal Software Engineer at Kandji, you will lead efforts to design, build, and scale our platform while meeting strong quality, performance, scalability, reliability, and security goals. You will work alongside our Staff/Principal Software Engineers and our Security, Data, and Infrastructure teams to decide how to architect major features/products, what new technologies and services to implement, and guide Kandji’s overall technical strategy.
We are looking for someone who prefers simple solutions and designs over complex ones and has a good intuition for what will last and scale. You should have strong attention to detail, especially around quality, performance, and reliability, and thrive in a high-speed, collaborative environment. You take pride in shepherding projects from ideation to launch and are comfortable balancing tactical and strategic considerations along the way.
The successful candidate will become an authority on Kandji’s platform, coordinate improvements across all of Engineering, and ultimately help decide the direction of the technology that powers Kandji’s platform for customers worldwide.
How you will make a difference day to day
- Design, develop, test, and scale new platform capabilities
- Work across and within teams at Kandji to ensure that the platform works seamlessly for the product's needs
- Take ownership of Kandji’s scalability, reliability, and performance goals by designing and implementing solutions that fit business needs
- Coach and mentor Engineers, leading others in designing elegant code and cloud-native architecture that efficiently scales to meet Kandji’s growing needs
- Develop and drive new ways of thinking across teams to improve quality, productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities
- Ensure all technical decisions across teams support Kandji’s quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals
- Partner with Product, Design, and Engineering leadership to drive alignment on technical direction and strategy of the platform
- Expert knowledge of public cloud and cloud-native architectural patterns
- Advanced competency in distributed systems, event-driven patterns, streaming, high availability design
- Strong knowledge of multiple persistence strategies and data governance
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience evolving a (mostly) monolithic application to a service oriented or event driven architecture
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise level design patterns
- Experience working in high growth startup environments and comfortable balancing tactical and strategic considerations
- Required to work on-site 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). Managers may require additional on-site days.
These requirements are for the strongest, ideal candidate. Even if you do not outperform every bullet point, Kandji encourages you to apply. We promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and recognize that even the strongest candidates won’t have all desired experiences and qualifications.
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with a 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of July
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 health and wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.
See more open positions at Kandji
Something looks off?