Juvena Therapeutics, Inc. is a regenerative medicine biotech startup inviting applicants for the Lab Manager open position who is excited to join a company focused on the discovery and validation of novel disease-modifying biologics that promote tissue regeneration to treat chronic and age-related diseases.
This role is a high visibility cross-functional role that offers the chance to establish and advance the operational capacity of Juvena’s research discovery lab. They will support all operational activities within Juvena’s cell culture, protein science and discovery labs.
The position is full-time starting as early as possible. This is the perfect opportunity for someone interested in the exciting and fast-paced environment of a startup company and looking to make a difference in human health and healthspan. The ideal applicant should expect to work both on the lab bench as well as engage in operational tasks to ensure the laboratory is running smoothly. The position is ideal for those looking to strengthen their skills in the biotechnology landscape with exposure across different disciplines.
*Title commensurate with experience
Juvena Therapeutics is on a mission to discover and develop biologics for rare and chronic degenerative diseases by mining the secretomes of human pluripotent stem cells through a machine learning (ML)-enhanced platform. Juvena’s approach integrates proteomics, transcriptomics and imaging with phenotypic human in vitro disease model screening and extensive preclinical validation to mine stem cell secretomes as a rich source of new medicines for chronic and rare diseases. We are advancing leads for muscular dystrophies, muscle atrophy, injury, and osteopathies. Since our launch in mid-2018, Juvena has discovered and validated 22 hits for neuromuscular, skeletal, and metabolic diseases. Juvena is advancing a lead program for Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1, a rare autosomal dominant, progressive muscle-wasting disease.
Juvena Therapeutics has secured venture capital, NIH, and CIRM funding to develop their top lead to a clinical-stage investigational new drug, to build their stem cell secretome database, and to leverage their discovery platform to rapidly identify and validate novel protein-based drug candidates for multiple rare and chronic diseases across inflammatory, cardiometabolic and hepatic therapeutic areas. At Juvena we embrace a diversity of backgrounds, experience and approaches that all combine to lead us to world-class scientific results in an inclusive environment.
Position Requirements and Duties
- Work with other scientists on the lab bench in a multi-functional role on a need-based basis including but not limited to, cell culturing, assay development, and protein purification
- Create and maintain inventory management system by conducting weekly inventory checks, procuring lab supplies, and adjusting inventory requirements to meet demand
- Ensure compliance and train other team members with all safety regulations, industry standards, and company policies
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) for laboratory processes
- Oversee the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Train, mentor, and supervise laboratory staff on laboratory procedures and instrument use, fostering a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and professional growth
- Monitor laboratory performance, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions when necessary
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to ensure the lab remains at the forefront of innovation
This position is a great fit if you have/are:
- Direct experience within a cell culture laboratory supporting drug discovery or translational sciences (2 – 3 years preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in [relevant field, e.g., Biology, Chemistry, or a related scientific discipline]
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a laboratory setting, with at least 1 years in a laboratory supervisory or management role
- Strong understanding of laboratory safety protocols and regulatory requirements
- Proficiency in the use of laboratory equipment, inventory, and software systems is preferred (Benchling, LabArchives, LIMS)
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, annual bonus and stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Partial 401K matching
Apply to this Job through the following means:
- LinkedIn job posting
- Website job posting
Career Opportunities at Juvena Therapeutics, Inc.
At Juvena Therapeutics, we believe everyone deserves a seat at the table and an equal chance at success, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, cultural heritage, or age. Most importantly, we are an equal opportunity employer and respect an individual’s right to freedom of expression within the boundaries of mutual respect and equal treatment.
We are seeking to grow our company with a diverse team of enthusiastic scientists and technologists who share our vision and determination to discover and develop protein-based therapeutics to cure chronic and rare disease and promote healthspan.
Explore all our open positions, and let’s grow together at https://www.juvenatherapeutics.com/careers/.
Something looks off?