Senior Software Engineer, Back End (Services)
About Juniper Square
Our mission is to unlock the full potential of private markets. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, and venture capital make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets, and as a result, bringing efficiency, transparency, and access to one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology – all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization – we want to hear from you.
Juniper Square offers employees a variety of ways to work, ranging from a fully remote experience to working full-time in one of our physical offices. We invest heavily in digital-first operations, allowing our teams to collaborate effectively across 27 US states, 2 Canadian Provinces and Mexico. We have physical offices in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, for US employees who prefer to work in an office some or all of the time.
Read more about the team, culture, and recent projects on our Engineering Blog.
About the Services Track
As we’ve been expanding our offerings to our customers, we’ve found a strong product market-fit expanding into new, full service offerings. The Services Track is focused on building out the technology platform to enable and scale these offerings. From fundraising to fund accounting and investor relations to capital markets, these services are the fastest growing offerings at Juniper Square.
About the Team
This role sits within our compliance team, focused on compliance across all areas of our business. We work to support our internal services teams by creating and improving tools that drive efficiency in their daily tasks. We enhance our compliance team by building tools that help them verify investor identity and identify risk factors and support our onboarding team by building tools that help them efficiently add customer data into our systems. We’re also a key component in significant new business initiatives.
About Your Role
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Juniper Square, you will collaborate closely with frontend engineers and cross-functional partners across our product, design, and quality assurance teams to contribute to and build out our strategic initiatives.
Your role is to collaborate with the team to deliver on these objectives and contribute to evolving our platform's infrastructure to meet expanding scope and scale. Specifically, you will:
- Contribute to large, complex projects in a team, providing technical reviews and execution
- Participate in project kick offs and translate projects requirements into technical specifications for implementation
- Define new and expand existing data models, including database schema and object models in the data access layer
- Implement any required business logic in the service layer
- Define and implement GraphQL API endpoints, collaborating with frontend engineers
- Write integration and unit tests for your code and perform code reviews for colleagues
- Provide technical support for stakeholder groups such as customer success
- Participate in monitoring, diagnosing, and addressing production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience building web-based using modern MVC frameworks
- Expertise in Python or other server-side web application development languages
- Experience with SQL database schema design and query optimization
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be operating in a fast-paced startup environment.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $151,000 - $228,000. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors, including experience, skillset, and location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. We are actively hiring for this role in Canada, and offer competitive local pay and benefits. Your recruiter can provide further details.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
- Home office productivity allowance to help create an ideal work from home setup
Something looks off?