Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
Founded by veteran business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and Director of Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, Dr. Michael Snyder, January AI is the first “precision health” company that combines continuous glucose monitoring along with heart rate, sleep, activity and food tracking, to enable you to see the impact of your diet and exercise on your body in real-time.
We help you understand your personal metabolic health, i.e. how your body metabolizes food, and make simple changes to avoid serious health issues down the road. The need for this has never been greater: 1 in 3 adults in the US are now pre-diabetic, and 80% are not even aware of it. January’s app and continuous glucose monitor gives you immediate insights on your diet and blood sugar levels, and provides personalized recommendations on how to adjust your diet and activity to improve your overall metabolic wellbeing. We help you build better habits in just 30 days.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of understanding your body and doing just a little better than yesterday.
January AI is backed by Marc Benioff (CEO and founder of Salesforce), Jerry Yang (founder of Yahoo), and Steve Chen (founder of YouTube), among others.
Recent coverage: STAT, TechCrunch, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and VentureBeat.
January AI is seeking a Design Lead to lead design for all of January AI. We take great care and pride in developing innovative and impactful consumer health experiences. As January AI grows, we are seeking a Design Lead who can spearhead the design of the January app (the customer’s primary touchpoint), website, emails, marketing touchpoints and packaging design.
The ideal candidate has deep experience conceptualizing, designing and launching mobile and ecommerce digital products and experiences, as well as leading others. You are fluent in weighing business, technology and user inputs in design, and have utilized a breadth of design, prototyping and testing methods to put great user experiences out into the world.
Above all, you thrive in environments where you can roll up your sleeves and inspire others through making, not just telling. You have a passion for great UX/UI design that bridges both usability and emotional brand expression. You enjoy working with diverse stakeholders, from marketers and product managers, to engineers and scientists and potentially other designers.
- Leading world class digital product design, from concepting to implementation, continuously evolving January’s app and brand experience across touchpoints.
- Pushing brand expression in the digital medium through visual design and UX.
- Leading 1-2 product and/or brand designers working on different components of January AI app and experience. Coaching individuals and teams through a design lens, and delivering constructive critique to uphold craft.
- Scoping design projects with designers, producers and tech leads to catalyze and prioritize design efforts.
- Collaborating with marketing and other business stakeholders – proactively spotting opportunities to elevate user experience and grow the business. Facilitating cross-functional inputs into the design process, and being an advocate of great UX/UI.
- Continuously evolving and setting the bar for design at January AI, pulling in best practices and modeling a consistent curiosity for inspiration from outside the company.
- 8+ years working on an in-house digital product or at a digital consulting firm
- Experience managing, hiring, and supporting the development of other designers
- Demonstrated experience leading an end-to-end design process, from user research to prototyping to implementation and iteration
- Skillset in both visual interaction design as well as structural UX and digital product architecture
- Experience with both native mobile design and web
- Experience coding and/or working closely with developers to prototype in code
- Start-up and e-commerce experience is desired
We'd love to hear from you!
January is an equal-opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our HQ office is in sunny and beautiful downtown Menlo Park, CA, within walking distance to Caltrain and local cafes and restaurants.
Our team collaborates in real-time during standard working hours Pacific Time.
Local or West Coast-based candidates are preferred.
Benefits and Perks of working Full-time at January include: Competitive salary and equity packages; 401k with corporate matching; Health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance; Commuter benefits.
Base salary will depend on skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.