Gen AI Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Founded by veteran business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and Director of Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, Dr. Michael Snyder, January AI is the first “precision health” company that combines continuous glucose monitoring along with heart rate, sleep, activity and food tracking, to enable you to see the impact of your diet and exercise on your body in real-time.
We help you understand your personal metabolic health, i.e. how your body metabolizes food, and make simple changes to avoid serious health issues down the road. The need for this has never been greater: 1 in 3 adults in the US are now pre-diabetic, and 80% are not even aware of it. January’s app and continuous glucose monitor gives you immediate insights on your diet and blood sugar levels, and provides personalized recommendations on how to adjust your diet and activity to improve your overall metabolic wellbeing. We help you build better habits in just 30 days.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of understanding your body and doing just a little better than yesterday.
January AI is backed by Marc Benioff (CEO and founder of Salesforce), Jerry Yang (founder of Yahoo), and Steve Chen (founder of YouTube), among others.
Recent coverage: STAT, TechCrunch, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and VentureBeat.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Gen AI Engineer with a robust understanding of software development and Gen AI ecosystem. You will play a pivotal role in crafting cutting-edge solutions using generative AI technologies to analyze and leverage large amounts of data to deliver personalized insights. You will be working on innovative Gen AI solutions that contribute to advancing the personal health revolution that January AI stands for.
- Developing Gen AI solutions to analyze user profiles and real-time data from diverse sources to generate deep insights.
- Constructing interconnected systems leveraging Gen AI and related tools
- Utilizing Gen AI technologies to work with images
- Continuously exploring and learning about the latest technologies, staying abreast of new developments and emerging trends in the Gen AI landscape.
- Experience and familiarity with Relational Databases and SQL such MySQL or Postgres.
- Practical experience developing applications using Open AI’s GPT, and a sound understanding of various versions of GPT (and other models) and Open AI APIs.
- Familiarity with Semantic Search principles and experience working with vector databases such as Pinecone.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to analyze complex problems and analytical thinking
- Familiarity with Prompt Engineering
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
We'd love to hear from you!
January is an equal-opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our HQ office is in sunny and beautiful downtown Menlo Park, CA, within walking distance to Caltrain and local cafes and restaurants.
Our team collaborates in real-time during standard working hours Pacific Time.
Local or West Coast-based candidates are preferred.
Benefits and Perks of working Full-time at January include: Competitive salary and equity packages; 401k with corporate matching; Health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance; Commuter benefits.
Base salary will depend on skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.