Staff Detection & Response Security Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Hyperscience is transforming the future of work to elevate human potential. Our human-centered approach to automation enables a new era of human and machine collaboration that delivers dramatically improved organizational agility, without the legacy cost and burden of change management. By combining data, people, and processes into digital assembly lines, the Hyperscience Platform turns complex processes into simple, configurable workflows. Our industry-leading machine learning technology continuously learns and evolves, to involve humans only when needed. For more information, please visit www.hyperscience.com.
As a Staff Detection and Response Security Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in proactively identifying, analyzing, and responding to security incidents. You will use your expertise in security technologies, threat detection, and incident response methodologies to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our clients' critical data and systems. As a member of a growing team in a fast-moving startup, this individual will have the opportunity to drive key cornerstones of our detection and response security. If you love to code, have unique ideas in solving security issues, and are motivated by the challenge of securing a company relied on by some of the world’s largest companies, this role is for you.
As a Threat Detection and Analysis:
• Utilize advanced security tools and technologies to detect and analyze security threats and incidents across our entire tech stack.
• Conduct deep analysis of security alerts, logs, and data to identify patterns and potential indicators of compromise (IoCs).
• Develop and execute incident response plans to swiftly contain and mitigate security incidents.
• Coordinate with cross-functional teams to investigate and resolve security incidents, ensuring minimal impact on business operations.
• Establish and maintain an effective security monitoring system to continuously monitor network traffic, logs, and system behavior for anomalies or potential security incidents.
• Implement automated alerting and reporting mechanisms to improve incident response times.
• Conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration tests to identify security weaknesses and propose appropriate remediation measures.
• Collaborate with internal teams to prioritize and address identified vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
Threat Intelligence Integration:
• Stay up-to-date with the latest threat intelligence to enhance threat detection capabilities and incident response strategies.
• Integrate threat intelligence feeds into security systems to improve proactive threat hunting and analysis.
Security Documentation and Reporting:
• Document incident response procedures, playbooks, security events, and incident details for post-incident analysis and improvement.
• Generate regular and ad-hoc reports to communicate security findings, incident trends, and mitigation efforts to management and stakeholders.
- Proven experience in cybersecurity, specifically in threat detection, incident response, and security monitoring.
- Proficiency in security technologies such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, and threat intelligence platforms.
- Strong understanding of network protocols, malware analysis, and cyber threat intelligence.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity frameworks, compliance requirements, and industry best practices (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001, CIS Controls).
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell) for automation and data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to articulate complex security concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of containerization technology such as Docker and Kubernetes, and the ability to analyze its system logs.
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code technologies, such as TerraformHands-on experience deploying and using multiple AWS cloud security products, such as Security Hub, GuardDuty, Inspector and WAFSystematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field (Master's preferred)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain US Security Clearance for specific responsibilities related to this role. US Citizenship is a requirement for US Security Clearance
- Top-notch healthcare for you and your family
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Flexible PTO with the approval of your manager
- 12 weeks of parental leave and an additional 4 weeks for birthing parents
- Stock options
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
PLEASE BE AWARE of, and cautious about, potential recruitment fraud. All of our open jobs can be found directly on our careers page at:
We will never communicate with candidates except via our @hyperscience.com email domain. Any communication you receive outside of these parameters is potentially fraudulent.
Additionally, we never conduct interviews solely via online tests, nor do we make job offers without multiple cross functional live interviews via Zoom, phone or onsite. We only ask for personal information via our application process on our careers page or through a verifiable background check company during onboarding.