Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning Backend
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Hyperscience is transforming the future of work to elevate human potential. Our human-centered approach to automation enables a new era of human and machine collaboration that delivers dramatically improved organizational agility, without the legacy cost and burden of change management. By combining data, people, and processes into digital assembly lines, the Hyperscience Platform turns complex processes into simple, configurable workflows. Our industry-leading machine learning technology continuously learns and evolves, to involve humans only when needed. For more information, please visit www.hyperscience.com.
At Hyperscience, ML Backend Engineers are the catalyst that enables the lifecycle of ML models, from data and training pipelines to platform integration. We tackle diverse technical challenges, including optimizing ML algorithms for real-world performance, scaling ML pipelines, and ensuring the seamless integration of our ML models with various products and services.
Our teams at Hyperscience operate within cross-functional squads, each owning their domain and driving their roadmaps through bottom-up autonomy and top-down alignment. We seek individuals who are eager to contribute their ideas to help enhance our technology organization and those who thrive in a supportive environment that encourages direct collaboration with teammates.
This is a pivotal moment for Hyperscience's product, business, and people! As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to influence and deliver on an ambitious vision that aims to transform the way organizations execute their business processes. Along the way, you will encounter numerous opportunities to advance and shape your career.
As a Senior ML Backend Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Managers, Designers, and other engineers in Machine Learning, Front-End/Full Stack, DevOps, and QA.
- Contribute across the entire software development lifecycle, including requirements definition, design, development, testing, deployment, and operations.
- Ensure product quality and code quality by writing automated tests and performing thorough code reviews and design reviews.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and reliable backend systems enabling the delivery of ML-powered features to the end user
- Work closely with product managers and other stakeholders to define requirements, set priorities, and create development plans
- Write high-quality, well-documented, and maintainable code, following best practices and industry standards
- Develop and execute testing strategies to ensure the accuracy, stability, and performance of ML systems
- Proactively identify and address system bottlenecks, ensuring optimal performance under various loads and conditions
- Mentor junior team members, providing guidance and support to help them grow professionally
- Participate in code reviews, ensuring the team maintains a high standard of code quality and consistency
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, with a focus on backend development
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) and containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices, including version control (e.g., Git), CI/CD, and Agile development methodologies
- Deep understanding of software design, data structures, and performance optimization techniques
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Expertise in Python, with a firm grasp of Python web frameworks, such as Django or Flask
- Experience building ML pipelines (data, training, evaluation, deployment, etc)
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP) or computer vision technologies
- Experience with ML frameworks such as Pytorch or Tensorflow
Benefits & Perks
- You’ll work with some of the best machine learning, software, and test engineers in one of the most innovative tech companies in Sofia
- Work from home flexibility
- Monthly reimbursement on internet expenses
- Up to 4 months of fully paid parental leave used within 3 years of your child’s birth
- 20 days of paid leave minimum annually with an additional unlimited amount to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A great office, with excellent location
- A sports card, covering various options for sport
- Additional health insurance package, including extensive medical, dental & vision care
- Truly competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Referral bonus
All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Hyperscience
Something looks off?