Medior / Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about!
Are you a Data Engineer eager to blend your skills with software development? Or the other way around: Are you a software engineer having a deep interest in the world of data that serves the future of AI? In both cases, this might be your chance to get there! At Hearsay Systems, we're not just looking for a Medior / Senior Data Engineer; we're looking for a tech enthusiast ready to make an impact in a dynamic environment! Join us in our Budapest Engineering Team and be at the forefront of shaping the future of AI in financial services.
As a Data Engineer, you'll play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between traditional data engineering and software development. You'll be responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing data integrations, while also contributing to the development of APIs in AWS. This position requires a unique skill set that combines expertise in data engineering tools, software development principles, and cloud-based technologies.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is the trusted global leader in digital client engagement for financial services. Our Client Engagement Platform empowers over 225,000 advisors and agents to proactively guide and capture the last mile of digital communications in a compliant manner. The world’s leading financial firms—including BlackRock, Charles Schwab, and New York Life—rely on Hearsay’s compliance-driven platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, grow their business, and deliver exceptional client service.
We are a tight-knit, dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, people, and culture. Our products help advisors and agents compliantly scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco, with globally distributed teams throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Hearsay is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
- Collaboration with data analysts, data scientists and product managers to design, build, maintain and enhance an infrastructure that serves data for end-user analytics, reporting, and AI experiences.
- Bridging the gap between traditional data engineering and software development.
- Crafting ETL/ELT pipelines using Snowflake, dbt, and Airflow.
- Developing robust, scalable APIs in AWS.
- 3+ years of relevant experience as Software and/or Data Engineer.
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with complex data structures.
- Experience in designing and building ETL/ELT pipelines and resilient distributed systems.
- In-depth skills in Python (or Ruby, Kotlin, Java, C#, Go).
- Expertise in software development principles.
- Experience with cloud concepts and components.
- Continuous learning and building solutions that last.
- Ability to communicate in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
What we can offer you:
- Modern tech stack
- Hybrid working model
- Extra paid time off
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- In-office food & beverages - including lunch
- Training budget
- Mobile subscription coverage
- Home office budget
At Hearsay, you're not just joining a company; you're joining a mission-driven team that believes in our products, people, and culture. If you're ready to take on this exciting challenge, apply now and let's make a difference together!
In the case of non-EU citizens, You should have a Permanent Residence Card or Residence Card for Third-country National Family Member of EEA National, as we cannot support the visa process.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: Hearsay values and welcomes diversity in all forms. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and interview process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hereby acknowledge that my personal data included in my application will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment process under the General Data Protection Regulation as of 25 May 2018, as amended from time to time.