Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
The Mobile team at Hearsay is a tight-knit, small-but-mighty group of iOS Engineers, Android Engineers, Quality Engineers, a Designer, and a Product Manager who all work closely together day to day. When we’re not arguing about Xcode vs Android Studio, we’re hanging out on Zoom, bonding over our mutual love for food. We are seeking a proactive iOS Engineer with hands-on experience in building iOS applications to help us continue raising the bar of our mobile experience. This role has high growth potential in a collaborative environment as you will have the opportunity to build countless features from scratch and dive into the latest and greatest of upcoming iOS technologies. This is a distributed team, so being comfortable collaborating in a remote environment is critical. Grow with us!
Regarding Hybrid Work: We provide a lot of flexibility for working in a way that keeps our employees productive. We have a great office in Mexico City that is available for those that want to work from there, or else with the company provided laptop it’s possible to work from anywhere. All we ask in return is being available to work from the office on the infrequent occasions where we have team meetings or out of town visitors, which can be as little as 2-3 days/month.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is the trusted global leader in digital client engagement for financial services. Our Client Engagement Platform empowers over 225,000 advisors and agents to proactively guide and capture the last mile of digital communications in a compliant manner. The world’s leading financial firms—including BlackRock, Charles Schwab, Morgan Stanley and New York Life—rely on Hearsay’s compliance-driven platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, grow their business and deliver exceptional client service.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents compliantly scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco, with globally distributed teams throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Hearsay is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team of iOS and Android engineers, product, design, and QA to design, develop, test, and maintain our iOS codebase with a focus on writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest iOS platform trends, libraries, and best practices to continually enhance development processes.
- Contribute to the overall mobile architecture and design discussions to support a fast-growing user base.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks, bugs, and issues in the application.
- Share your insights and feedback on product features, user experience, and other aspects across the company.
- Opportunities to travel a few times a year to meet with coworkers in various locations in North America
- 2+ years of professional experience in native iOS app development.
- Strong proficiency in Swift and/or Objective-C programming languages.
- Expertise with Xcode, iOS SDK, Storyboards, UIKit, GCD, and CocoaPods.
- In-depth understanding of iOS UI/UX design principles and design patterns, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and integrating backend services.
- Knowledge of version control systems, particularly Git.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality, user-friendly applications to the App Store.
- Passion for contributing to the entire product development process from ideation to execution.
What Your Typical Day May Look Like:
- Say good morning on Slack followed by some friendly conversation.
- Check your Kanban board tasks and dive back into things that you weren’t able to manage the day before, collaborating with our development team to understand project requirements and design specifications.
- Participate in code reviews, providing and receiving constructive feedback to ensure code quality and maintainability.
- Wrap up your work, ensuring that your code is committed to version control and release frequently with continuous builds, testing, and direct team feedback.
- You'll continuously learn and grow in a supportive environment that values innovation, teamwork, and personal development.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: Hearsay values and welcomes diversity in all forms. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and interview process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.